2021 Peterson Youth Sports Summer Camps
- All sports camps are subject to change due to Public Health guidelines/restrictions.
- Camps are for ages 9 and up.
- Camp hours are 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday –Thursday, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday.
Week 2: June 7- 11 – Karate, Wellness, Sports Venues
Camp Description: Introduction to Karate basics in a real Dojo, team building games and exercises. Visit venues that motivate youth to increase youth sports performance and knowledge. Cost is $100.
Week 4: June 21 -25 Archery
Camp Description: Archery is one of the fastest growing and safest sports. Archery can be enjoyed year round and teaches focus, self-discipline, confidence, goal setting and life skills. Learn range safety and fundamental archery skills, work with knowledgeable coaches, and do nothing but learn about bows, arrows and targets. Cost is $100.
Week 7: July 12- 16: Multi Sports Camp
Camp Description: Learn a different sports each day. These sports include Disc Golf, Flag Football, Putt Putt Golf and Basketball. The goal of this Sports Camp is to expand and assist youth’s (ages 9 to 18) understanding of different sports and provide team building activities. A hands-on learning experience and pure fun will be had by all. Cost is $100.
Week 8: July 19-23 Air Rifle
Camp Description: This camp will teach the fundamentals of Air Rifle Safety, proper handling and shooting of the rifle at targets. Cost is $100.
***Week TBD : Basketball
Camp Description: This Basketball Camp will be instructed by two-time Olympian Chryssandra Hires. The camp is geared toward learning the basic fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding and defense with an emphasis on team play, overall gameplay and additional basketball concepts. Cost is $125.
- Peterson AFB Youth Sports & Fitness Registration form – Note: This updated form requires a current physical and updated shot records (immunizations). It also obtains youth and family program eligibility and background information for proper team assignment. It also helps us notify the parents in case of emergency and to contact the parents/guardian relative to participation in programs.
- Participation in summer sports camps and normal calendar sports must be accompanied by the Sports Physicals and Shot Records effective through the particular sport enrollment.
- Click here to download the Statement by Physician for Athletic Participation.
- Baseball is considered a normal calendar sport and, therefore, not listed on this Summer Sports Camp schedule. For information about Baseball, please click here.
Children must have a current physical** on file with the RP Lee Youth Center in order to participate in any sports activities. For more information, call Youth Sports Fitness at 719-556-5242 or the RP Lee Youth Center at 719-556-7220.
Would you like to coach today’s youth? Call 719-556-5242. Click here for information about volunteer coaches.
Better Sports for Kids – Better Kids for Life!
Note: All sports are for family members of military, retired military, NAF and DoD civilians.
For more information, call Youth Sports at 719-556-5242 or the R.P. Lee Youth Center at 719-556-7220.