Our youth sports program always needs volunteers and volunteer coaches. If you’d like to help, call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-7220 or send an email to Peterson.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Baseball / Softball Volunteer Coaches
Coaches are needed for our Youth Baseball / Softball.
There will be a Coaches Meeting at 5 p.m. Monday, May 20, at the Youth Center.
Baseball / Softball season starts on Monday, June 3, and runs through Saturday, August 3. We will practice twice a week and will play on Saturdays against teams from Fort Carson and the U.S. Air Force Academy.
If you are interested in coaching Youth Sports, call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-5242.
Call the Youth Center if you have any questions, 719-556-7220.
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE YOUTH SPORTS DEPARTMENT EARNS NATIONAL DESIGNATION
Recognized as a Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider by the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
Peterson Youth Sports is one of only two sports programs in the State of Colorado that has been awarded the designation by the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
To earn the Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider designation, a youth sports program must fulfill all the components associated with these five key requirements.
- Written Policies and Procedures
- Volunteer Screening
- Coach Training
- Parent Education
- Click here for the Peterson AFB Youth Sports Registration packet – Note: All parents will bring their child’s Youth Sports & Fitness Registration form to the Youth Center in order to register their child for youth sports. Currently, this is the only way to register your child for youth sports.
- Immunization Requirements
In accordance with the AFI Instruction 48-110 IP, 11.5.3, all children and youth enrolled in CYP are required to follow Center for Disease Control and Prevention Recommended Immunizations Schedule for Children and Adolescents Aged 18 and Younger. All children in our facilities are required to be up-to-date with immunizations, including the flu shot.This requirement may be waived if there is religious or medical contraindication that prevents the child from receiving the immunization. If you desire to seek the waiver, please call the Lead Training Curriculum Specialist at 719-556-7460.
- Participation in summer sports camps and normal calendar sports must be accompanied by the Sports Physicals and Shot Records effective through the particular sport enrollment.
- Click here to download the Statement by Physician for Athletic Participation.
- Please call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-7220 for specific opening and closing season dates.
- All Peterson AFB Youth Sports are coed.
Each child will receive a uniform and an individual/group photo (this is subject to change). For further information, please contact the Youth Sports Fitness department at 719-556-7220 or 719-556-5242.
Would you like to coach today’s youth? Call 719-556-5242. We’d love to have you join us!
Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.