As some communities in the United States begin to start youth sports activities again, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the following considerations for ways in which youth sports organizations can protect players, families, and communities and slow the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Administrators of youth sports organizations can consult with state and local health officials to determine if and how to put into place these considerations. Each community may need to make adjustments to meet its unique needs and circumstances. Implementation should be guided by what is practical, acceptable, and tailored to the needs of each community. These considerations are meant to supplement – not replace – any state, local, territorial, or tribal health and safety laws, rules, and regulations with which youth sports organizations must comply. [Click here to open the full document.]
- Guiding Principles to Keep in Mind, page 1
- Assessing Risk, page 2
- Promoting Behaviors that Reduce Spread, page 3
- Maintaining Healthy Environments, page 4
- Preparing for When Someone Gets Sick, page 8
NEED COACHES FOR YOUTH SPORTS
Youth Sports is looking for coaches for these non-traditional sports clubs. If you’re interested in learning more, call the Youth Center at 719-556-7220.
Here is our Youth Sports Calendar for 2021. Click to open a PDF.
Our youth sports program always needs volunteers and volunteer coaches. If you’d like to help, call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-7220 or send an email to Peterson.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in coaching Youth Sports or have questions, call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-5242.
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE YOUTH SPORTS DEPARTMENT EARNS NATIONAL DESIGNATION
Recognized as a Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider by the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
Peterson Youth Sports is one of only two sports programs in the State of Colorado that has been awarded the designation by the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
To earn the Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider designation, a youth sports program must fulfill all the components associated with these five key requirements.
- Written Policies and Procedures
- Volunteer Screening
- Coach Training
- Parent Education
- Click here for the Peterson AFB Youth Sports Registration packet – Note: All parents will bring their child’s Youth Sports & Fitness Registration form to the Youth Center in order to register their child for youth sports. Currently, this is the only way to register your child for youth sports.
- Immunization Requirements
In accordance with the AFI Instruction 48-110 IP, 11.5.3, all children and youth enrolled in CYP are required to follow Center for Disease Control and Prevention Recommended Immunizations Schedule for Children and Adolescents Aged 18 and Younger. All children in our facilities are required to be up-to-date with immunizations, including the flu shot.This requirement may be waived if there is religious or medical contraindication that prevents the child from receiving the immunization. If you desire to seek the waiver, please call the Lead Training Curriculum Specialist at 719-556-7460.
- Participation in summer sports camps and normal calendar sports must be accompanied by the Sports Physicals and Shot Records effective through the particular sport enrollment.
- Click here to download the Statement by Physician for Athletic Participation.
- Please call the Youth Sports Director at 719-556-7220 for specific opening and closing season dates.
- All Peterson AFB Youth Sports are coed.
Each child will receive a uniform and an individual/group photo (this is subject to change). For further information, please contact the Youth Sports Fitness department at 719-556-7220 or 719-556-5242.
Would you like to coach today’s youth? Call 719-556-5242. We’d love to have you join us!