Taking lessons is the perfect way to learn the game of golf or improve your current game. Group lessons and individual lessons are available for adults and youth.
Get Golf Ready In Five Days
Give us five days and we’ll give you a sport for a lifetime!
If you have ever thought about picking up a golf club, either for the first time or returning once again, you can make golf your sport for a lifetime. The Get Golf Ready program is designed to teach you in five short lessons everything you’ll need to know to step onto a golf course and play with confidence. Get Golf Ready will be guided by trained professionals who will make sure you have fun each step of the way. Call the golf shop at 719-556-7414 for details.
Day 1: Awakening the golfer in you.
Just like when you were in grade school, the first day is always the easiest and the most important. During the first lesson, you’ll learn:
- The history of golf
- Proper etiquette on and off the golf course
- How to dress and what to carry in your bag
- How to find your way around the golf facility and the golf course
- How to stand, grip and take aim
- The role each golf club plays and when to play it
Day 2: Become one with the golf course.
During the second lesson, you’ll become more comfortable on the course as you experience the art of the short game. On the second day, you’ll learn:
- Chipping, pitching and green-side bunker shots
- Everything you need to know about golf carts
- Keeping healthy with golf and how to warm up
- How to care for the course, repairing divots and raking bunkers
- Speed of play and being aware of other golfers on the course
Day 3: The turn.
On the golf course, when you’ve reached the halfway mark, it’s called “the turn.” Here the turn means you’re halfway to becoming a golfer. On day three, you’ll learn about:
- Using your irons and playing approach shots
- Stretching and how to avoid injury
- Which golfer in a group plays first
- The importance of being able to identify your golf ball
- The rules of the fairway, the rough and bunkers
- Introduction to “it’s okay rules”
Day 4: Driving school.
You know your way around the green, the fairway, bunkers and even the rough. Now it’s time to step into the tee box and let it rip. On the fourth day, you’ll learn:
- How to use your woods
- How and where to tee from
- Which tee markers to sue and when
- Where to park your golf cart at the teeing area / putting green
- The speed of play when it comes to ready golf
- Where to safely stand at all times
Day 5: Take your swing.
Over the course of the first four days, you’ve learned the what, when, where, why and how. Now it’s time to do. On the final day, you’ll learn:
- How to keep score
- Understanding the basic rules of golf
- Navigating from tee to green and green to tee
- How to read on-course signage
- Tips for playing in outings and scramble formats
- About upcoming opportunities to play golf
For more information, call 719-556-7414.