Listed below are a number of resources that are ‘here’ for you. Anytime. But especially now. We all get by with a little help from our friends. Reach out.
AERO CLUB IS OPEN! – Aero Club, 719-556-4310 or 719-556-4319
* Yes, we’re open and we’re flying! Visit https://www.21fss.com/about/aero-club/ for details.
* The Rocky Mountain USAF Flight Training Center (aka, the Aero Club) will offer an In-Person Private Pilot Ground School starting Wednesday, June 3, in Hangar 133 on the flight line (Hamilton Ave.). There are only 9 spaces available for this class in order to meet the maximum of 10 persons in a group, due to COVID-19. This is the FAA mandated 35-hour, eight-week preparatory course for your FAA Private Pilot written examination. Visit https://www.21fss.com/news/aero-club/in-person-private-pilot-ground-school/ or call our office, 719-556-4310.
ARTS & CRAFTS / FRAMING & ENGRAVING – Now open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday – Friday, Bldg. 640, 719-556-1731.
- Call Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 719-556- 4442
- Outside of duty hours, call the Command Post at 719-556-4555 and ask for the on-call chaplain.
- Or reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or direct message our Facebook Page (Peterson AFB Chapel)
CHAPEL’S DRIVE-IN CHAPEL SERVICE – 11 a.m. Sunday, June 7, In the Old BX parking lot, next to the Chapel and Base Auditorium. We will welcome guest speaker Ch, Maj. Timothy Sessions. This Protestant Christian worship service is a way to attend in person and yet be safe! Enter from Chapel/Auditorium parking area or Otis St. Drive-In Chapel Service to be offered the first Sunday of the month. For more information, call 719-556-4442.
Social distancing applies, sit in car or bring a chair but must stay in parking space. Bathrooms are not available at site.
COLORADO PIZZA & SPORTS GRILL – On-base delivery service has resumed, with delivery hours 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday – Friday only. To order, call 719-574-8903. (No dine-in service at this time.) https://www.21fss.com/about/colorado-pizza/menu/ Wednesday & Friday curb-side pizza & growler pickups continue!
COMMISSARY SHOPPING HOUR FOR PATRONS AGE 55 OR OLDER – Beginning Monday, April 13, the Peterson AFB Commissary will reserve Monday mornings from 9 to 10 a.m. for patrons age 55 or older. For more information on the commissary, including their contact information visit their website: https://www.commissaries.com/shopping/store-locations/peterson-afb
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – (See also GRIEF RESOURCES below.)
- EAP: 7 tips for working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- EAP: 10 pandemic coping tips for adults
- EAP: Coping with isolation during COVID-19
- EAP: Member flyer: Feeling stressed about the coronavirus (COVID-19)? Your program is here to help.
- EAP: Financial resilience during the pandemic
- EAP: School is canceled. Now what?
FITNESS CENTER – PHASE 1 STAND-UP: REOPENED MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2020
- New Operating Hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday – Friday. No 24-hour access.
- Authorized Patrons: Active Duty Military members working/living on Peterson AFB, Schriever, AFB and CMAFS.
Please be advised of the following:
- Patrons must wear a mask/face covering in order to enter the facility and in the strength training areas.
- Patrons do NOT have to wear a mask while exercising on cardio equipment.
- We ask that you abide by the posted signage indicating authorized physical distancing measures and head counts.
- We ask you to please stay home if you feel ill or have fever.
- In addition to checking ID cards, our fitness staff will be conducting temperature checks as patrons enter, as an added health and safety precaution. Patrons with elevated temperatures will be asked to return home.
- The Fitness Center outdoor track remains available for use with appropriate social distancing.
If you have any questions, please call the Peterson Fitness Center front counter at 719-556-4462.
The Fitness Center remains temporarily closed to all other personnel at this time due to COVID-19. But, the Fitness Center outdoor track remains available for use with appropriate social distancing.
FITNESS CENTER – Offering fitness for the whole family from WELLBEATS FREE ACCESS Promotion through May 31, 2020
- 500+ high quality, 1-60 minute videos
- 30 channels, no equipment options, for every age,
interest and ability
- Recommendation engine used to personalize and
serve up content
- Goal-based challenges and fitness assessments
- Highly certified, relatable instructors
- Safe and education based
- Track progress and results
FOOD TRUCK: NOW SERVING BBQ – Enjoy our BBQ menu at our food truck from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Look for our food truck outside the Bowling Center … with lots of parking for your convenience. Please practice social distancing when ordering. Visit https://www.21fss.com/about/colorado-pizza/
All Single Airmen – any rank – and one guest can golf 9 or 18 holes for FREE!
Golf is also FREE for E1-E5.
All others play at $1 / hole – 9 holes for $9, 18 holes for $18.
- Play is by reservation only; no walk-ons.
- The Pro Shop and the Greenside are closed.
- In order to play, call the Pro Shop at 719-556-7414 to make your reservations and pay in advance.
- No leagues, tournaments, lessons or carts at this time.
- Carts will be phased in over the next two weeks, as we are able to bring our full staff back to work.
For supervisors: EAP can provide in-person/virtual counseling either one-on-one or group grief counseling. Supervisors can call 866-580-9078 and connect to a counselor on the phone that can help determine how to approach discussions with their teams, get a clear understanding of support, and what potential signs to look for that team members are struggling with the situation.
For civilian and family members: The call center is aware that they might receive calls relating to the death of a senior leader. They can provide grief counseling on an individual level, support in finding local resources for counseling or establishing a virtual/tele-med counseling session, identify healthy ways of expressing grief or ways to support peers and family members.
- Understand Grief: When A Friend and Coworker Dies
- Counseling Services: Good Reasons to Go to Therapy
- Online Flyer: Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- What to Expect When Calling the EAP
- EAP Member Brochure: Life is a journey, not a destination
- Critical Incident Response Flyer – EAP will send a Critical Incident Response trained individual to help your work center process a traumatic event. Let me know if you are interested in this and we may be able to include multiple work centers in this request if we decide to request the support.
- Online Programs Flyer – apps that help with anxiety, depression, etc.
HEALTH PROMOTION –
- Online Coaching / Nutrition Counseling – While we are teleworking, we wanted to announce this new service that allows individuals to achieve goals such as lose weight, increase physical activity, and improve modifiable diet and physical activity lifestyle habits with the guidance of the Health Promotion Team, while exercising social distancing. This program was designed with multiple, flexible options to fit into anyone’s schedule. Please click here for the flyer for additional information.
- Wellness Weekly: Tobacco Free Living: Anxiety, Stress and Vaping
- HELPING YOUR CHILD (AND YOUR FAMILY) SLEEP BETTER.
- COVID-19 Self-Quarantine Helpful Food Tips
- COVID-19 Self-Quarantine Food Safety & Readiness
- From the American Heart Association, SHOP SMART & SAVE. Smart shopping on a budget means knowing what to buy and when.
- Staying ACTIVE during the Coronavirus Pandemic: EXERCISE IS MEDICINE.
- Time Saver: High Intensity Fitness Circuit in Minutes.
- and lots more.
“HOW TO EXPLAIN THE CORONAVIRUS TO KIDS” – 21FSS is honored to post Trevor Romain’s “How to explain the CoronaVirus to Kids.” Trevor is a true friend to military youth and has made it his mission to provide educational and coping tools to military youth around the globe. Thank you, my friend, for allowing the 21FSS to post the following video for our youth. Click here to watch the video.
ITT/GENERAL PROGRAMS – Available by phone 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday – Friday only. Call 719-556-4867, Option 1.
- Follow @21FSS on Facebook to join our #livingroomlibrarians for virtual fun, learning, & status updates.
- SECONDHAND STORYTIME – Daily @ noon. Enjoy authors & celebrities reading kiddo favorites aloud and on camera!
- GIGGLE MONSTER MONDAYS – Mondays @ 10 a.m. Tune in to our resident monster, Floyd Peterson, cracking corny jokes for a little comic relief!
- AF LIBRARIES eRESOURCES – All day, Every day! Log into AF Portal for A-Z list, descriptions, & access. No CAC access? Email email@example.com.
Brought to you by Team Pete #livingroomlibrarians.
MILITARY ONE SOURCE –
- Military One Source: COVID-19 Resources
- Military One Source: Newsletter, March 2020
- Military One Source: Non-Medical Counseling for Youth, Now Available by Video
- Military One Source: Take Command of Your Well-Being With a Health and Wellness Coach
MILITARY PERSONNEL / CIVILIAN PERSONNEL – Virtual appointments. Limited ID card assistance and civilian on-boarding. MPF – 719-556-5240. CPF – 719-556-7948.
MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION TRAINING – There is a free online 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course that offers the chance to delve more deeply into this important resilience skill. Click here to go to the MBSR website – it’s free!
OUTDOOR RECREATION’S EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR RENT – Outdoor Recreation office is currently open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday – Friday only. For rental equipment or program questions, call 719-556-4867. For equipment pick-up/returns, please pull around to the back lot and park in one of the spaces designated by the cones. Stay in your vehicle; a staff member will be with you shortly.
PETERSON LAUNCHES DRIVE-THRU PHARMACY SERVICES – The 21st Medical Group announced drive-thru pharmacy services beginning April 8 in response to the base’s physical distancing mandate.
All medications can be picked up in the exchange parking lot from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday to Friday. Enter through the main (middle) exchange parking lot entrance and follow the signs. The main clinic pharmacy and the satellite pharmacy inside the base exchange will not be open for pick-up. Service hours are subject to change based on conditions and installation commander direction.
For new prescriptions sent to the pharmacy through the electronic system, call the pharmacy at 719-556-6200 to activate your prescription over the phone. The pharmacy will call when the prescription is ready for pick up at the drive-thru. Handwritten paper prescriptions may be dropped off at the drive-thru in the exchange parking lot; an attendant will let you know when you can expect the prescription to be ready for pick-up. Routine prescription refills can be requested by calling 719-556-1109 option 1, or toll-free at 888-745-6427, and using the number on the prescription bottle. Refills can also be requested through the TRICARE Online website at www.tricareonline.com. Refill prescriptions can be picked up at the drive-thru service after three duty days.
For more information regarding Peterson AFB and the impacts of COVID-19, go to https://www.peterson.af.mil/Coronavirus
- Free Educational Sites,
- School District 11 online learning resources,
- School Disctrict Lunch Pickup Locations – UPDATED as of April 22, 2020.
- MOS: MFLC’s Non-Medical Counseling for Youth Now Available by Video,
- … and more!
TAX FILING DEADLINE & ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS – A&FRC: Personal Financial Readiness, 719-556-6141.
- Tax Filing Deadline:Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the IRS has extended the deadline for filing your 2019 tax return from April 15th to July 15, 2020. If you owe 2019 taxes, the deadline for making payments has also been extended to July 15, 2020.
- Economic Impact Payments: Note: According to the IRS, Economic Impact Checks or automatic bank deposits are coming soon. We recommend if you are expecting a “check” via the mail that you check your box daily. These checks could bring in Postal Bandits breaking into neighborhood boxes. Just be aware and safe.
- For more information, visit https://www.21fss.com/about/airman-family-readiness/personal-financial-readiness/ or call A&FRC’s Personal Financial Readiness Manager at 719-556-6141.
We’ll be lining Peterson Blvd with the Class of 2020 and a large senior portrait of each graduate! A golf cart and car parade will follow to celebrate their accomplishments! Graduates, Please dress in your cap and gown or in business casual attire.
21FSS will create a 30” x 30” personal banner to celebrate each High School Senior at the parade. But we need your help.
- Email your Senior’s name, a 300 dpi photo of them and details about their plans for the future to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 13.
- For more information, contact us at email@example.com
THRIFT SHOP on Peterson AFB – RE-OPENING MAY 20
We are very excited to announce that the THRIFT SHOP at PAFB has been cleared to re-open on Wednesday, May 20. We will open from 9 a.m. -2 p.m. on Wednesday and 9 a.m. -2 p.m. on Thursday. We will then be closed until Tuesday, May 26. Our normal hours will resume at that time.
Our normal hours are: Monday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Tuesday to Thursday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.. Also open the first Saturday of the month 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We have strict policies that we must adhere to in order to do this and we ask that you follow them all. Everyone that enters our shop must be wearing a face mask. We also have signs throughout the shop that remind you to follow the 6-foot social distancing guidelines. There are markings on the floor for checkout to easily remind you where to stand.
We will NOT be accepting consignments for the first few weeks.
We will be accepting donations any day we are open. We ask that you drop off donations on the back patio. Access to the patio is on the east side of the Building. We have been told that all donations must sit for at least 48 hours before we can go through them and we have a staging area in order to follow these rules. PLEASE…when you do donate or (later) consign your items we ask that you take the time to clean everything you give to us to keep us safe in our shop.
We have lots of new items so make sure to come check out all the new arrivals.
If you have any Easter, St Patrick’s or winter items on our floor they must be withdrawn no later than Tuesday, May 26. After that they will become Thrift Shop property and taken off the floor to make room for Spring/Summer items. We will not be charging a withdrawal fee for these items only. Be assured that any other items you have on our floor will NOT expire until that tag color comes back around to expire again (so extra time for you!). If you would like to withdraw any other items you have on our floor please see our cashier so we can remove the item from our system.
We are super excited to see all of you again. It’s been a long two months for everyone and you will be a welcomed site!