It’s Showtime at your Library! See what fun we have for you.
Peterson’s Library will host its annual DoD Summer Reading Program from June 29 through July 27.
This year’s theme is “It’s Showtime at Your Library!”
Here’s our calendar of events. All start at approximately 10 a.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- June 29 – PREMIER PARTY – Prize: Swag Bag & T-shirt with your registration.
- July 3 – DENVER AQUARIUM SENSATIONAL SHARKS – Prize: Shark Puppet
- July 6 – CHICK-FIL-A STORYTIME – Prize: Submarine Float
- July 10 – USO STORYTIME – Prize: Mustache Disguise
- July 13 – LARRY THE MAGICIAN – Prize: Dinosaur Blaster
- July 17 – USAA STORYTIME & PLANTING with OUTDOOR RECREATION – Prize: Lunch Bag
- July 20 – STORYTIME & CHALK ART – Prize: Crayon Star
- July 24 – FIRST COMMAND STORYTIME & COLORADO SPRINGS ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY – Prize: Superhero Photo Props
- July 27 – WRAP PARTY – with Bounce House, Games and Sponsor Food & Drink.
There will be weekly drawings for teens and adults, with winners notified by phone or email.
- The Top 5 Readers in each program – Pre-Readers, Children, Teens, Adults – at end of the Summer Reading Program will receive a prize, with winners notified by phone or email.
- The name of the Top Reader in each program – Children, Teens, Adults – is submitted to Air Force Libraries headquarters at the end of the Summer Reading Program to be entered into Air Force Libraries-wide prize drawing.
Registration: Create your account for logging minutes spent reading to win weekly prizes for children and be entered into weekly drawings for teens/adults at https://petersonafblibrary.beanstack.org/
Cost: FREE! Best of all, this program is free to all!
Contact: Peterson Air Force Base Library, 719-556-7462, email@example.com