So … what will you and the kids be doing over spring break? If you need any suggestions, 21FSS has some great options for you.
AQUATICS CENTER, 719-556-4608
- INFLATABLES – 12:30-2:30 p.m. Saturday, March 24. Normal daily admission rate applies.
- SPLASH FOR EGGS – A FREE egg scavenger hunt in the pool, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, March 31. Egg Hunt times: ages 0-5 from 2-2:30 p.m.; ages 6-10 from 2:45-3:15 p.m.; ages 11+ from 3:30-4 p.m. Be on the pool deck 15 minutes prior to take swim tests/get fitted for life jackets. Any child who cannot swim independently must wear a life jacket and a parent must be in the water with them.
BOWLING CENTER, 719-556-4607
- DOLLAR DAYS – Enjoy $1 games and $1 shoes from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays.
- BOWLING WITH THE EASTER BUNNY – From 12-2 p.m. Saturday, March 31. Kids bowl one free game (incl shoes); parents bowl $2/game. Kids can bowl extra games at $2/game. The first 50 kids who come to bowl will receive a chocolate Easter Bunny. Enjoy our special: $3 for hot dog, chips and soda.
EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY MEMBER PROGRAM, 719-556-6141
- ADULT EFMP COFFEE & CHAT – 9 a.m. Tuesday, March 27, at the King Soopers Café on Marksheffel Rd. Call A&FRC at 719-556-6141 for details.
- SPRING BREAK BOWLING – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 28, at the Bowling Center. Open to Peterson AFB EFMP families; space is limited; must register to participate. Call A&FRC at 719-556-6141.
- OVERDRIVE RACEWAY – (Indoor kart racing) – Single and Three Race Tickets in stock now. $17 for lower track, $20 for upper track, $43 limited time 3-race ticket for either upper or lower. Tickets available at ITT, Bldg. 640, 719-556-1760.
OUTDOOR RECREATION, 719-556-4867, Option #1
- LOST WONDER HUT – Explore Colorado’s beautiful backcountry Friday-Sunday, March 23-25. Sign up Wednesday, March 14.
- GET IN THE VAN – Day ski/snowboarding trips: Saturday, March 24 – Monarch; Saturday, March 31 – Loveland. Cost is $30 roundtrip transportation. Special Offer – Any trip to Monarch or Loveland, for $70 per person you get roundtrip transportation and a one-day lift ticket.
- EQUIPMENT RENTAL – From skis to barbecue grills, from tents to bicycles, Outdoor Recreation probably has what you need to have a great outdoor experience.
YOUTH CENTER, 719-556-7220
- GIVE PARENTS A BREAK – 7-11 p.m. Friday, March 23.
- #WEOWNFRIDAYNIGHTS – Free event open to all ages 9 and older. Come over to the Youth Center between 6-11 p.m. Friday, March 23, to see what the Youth Center has to offer.
- AG FEST – From 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 27.
- EGGSTRAVAGANZA – Free, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday, March 31, in Patriot Park. Enjoy games, face painting, crafts and inflatables. The Easter Bunny will be available for photos. Egg Hunt times are: ages 0-4 at 10:30 a.m.; ages 5-8 at 11 am.; ages 9-11 at 11:30 a.m.
GRAB A BITE TO EAT, TOO
- Colorado Pizza & Sports Grill – Open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday – Friday. (4-8 p.m. Saturday, delivery service only).
- Greenside Grill & Smokehouse – Open 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Iron Knight – Open from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday – Friday in the Fitness Center.
- Peterson Perk – Open 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday in the Medical Clinic
- Strike Zone Cafe – Open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday; 3-10 p.m. Saturday.
- The Club – Open 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesday – Friday.