This special year-long program begins Friday, February 16, and is structured to help you meet your weight goals by addressing a variety of factors: weight loss, body fat improvement, total lifestyle changes and participation in scheduled activities.
The program starts with a baseline – measuring each person’s weight, height and body fat composition. So at the end of the year, at the final weigh-ins, you can see how far you’ve really come. There will be scheduled weigh-ins each quarter at the HAWC between 9-10 a.m. on specific dates. So if one quarter has been especially tough for you, don’t throw in the towel. There’s always the next quarter … and the next. Initial and final weigh-ins will include the participant’s height, weight and body fat measurement.
SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY
The other really awesome thing about Peterson’s Biggest Losers program is that you won’t be doing this alone. You’ll have support and encouragement from the HAWC folks who’ll be doing the weigh-ins and the body fat measurements, and there will be the support of familiar faces in the Fitness Center’s programs and classes: Zumba and Aerobics classes, Spin Classes, Back-to-Basics, Functional Fitness Class, Spin and/or Aerobic Thons.
We have incentives for you, too. Participants will earn points for each pound of weight lost, for each half-inch lost on their waist, for fitness classes and special fitness/health activities they attend. In fact, you earn 5 points every time you participate in one of these Fitness Center classes. If you participate in any Fitness Center activity such as any of our 5/10K Fun Runs/Walks, group fitness classes, one of our fitness challenges or even attend our health fair, you can earn 8 points toward your final score.
Point System – Earn points for the following:
1 point for each pound lost
1 point for each half-inch lost on your waist
8 points for each Fitness Center activity you participate in
5 points for each Fitness Center class you participate in
We’ll total all points each quarter and at the end of Peterson’ Biggest Losers program at the end of 2018.
Prizes will be awarded to the biggest losers each quarter and then to the overall Biggest Loser of 2018.
Here are the rules:
- This program is open to active duty, retirees, their dependents, and DoD civilians.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and no longer in secondary school.
- Initial and final weigh-ins will include height, weight and body fat composition; all other weigh-ins will be just weight.
- Each participant must weigh in on the designated dates and times: 9-10 a.m. on designated Wednesdays at the HAWC or 8-9 a.m. Wednesdays by the Fitness Center staff.
- If a participant drops out during one quarter and reenters the program during another quarter, the last weigh-in from the previous quarter will be used in order to keep things fair.
- Participants will earn points for weight loss, waist-size reduction and participation in Fitness Center classes and activities.
- The participant who accumulates the most points wins.
SIGN UP TODAY!
Fill out the Peterson’s Biggest Loser Program Consent Form and drop it off at the Fitness Center front desk.
We’re as determined and committed to your success as you are. Work with us on this one. If you totally immerse yourself in this program, in the end you’ll actually be a winner!
For more information, call the Fitness Center front desk at 719-556-4462, Option #1 or visit them in person.