NEWLY ADDED! SUMMER SPECIALTY CAMPS
For more information about these camps and to sign up, call the Youth Center at 719-556-7220.
Week 10: Monday – Friday, July 29-August 2
Soccer: This camp will expand and provide youth ages 9-18 years of age with an understanding of the various techniques and skills used in soccer. Participants will receive instruction on targeting accuracy, strategy, tactical analysis, physical fitness and rules of the game. This camp allows up to 30 participants. Camp will be held from 8-11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Week 11: Monday – Friday, August 5-9
Paintball: Paintball Camp provides youth ages 9-18 years of age an introduction to the sport of paintball. Activities will include, but are not limited to: firearm safety, targeting accuracy, tactical analysis, risk management, teamwork, problem solving, communication and physical fitness. This camp allows up to 32 participants. Camp will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Most camps are sold out a couple still have space available – Youth Golf Camp and STARBASE Camps (Rockets, Robotics). Here are our summer camps – listed in chronological order – offered at the RP Lee Youth Center, at Silver Spruce Golf Course and at STARBASE.
JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY – offered by Silver Spruce Golf Course
- One hour per week of dedicated instruction (Wednesdays 9-10 a.m. or 10-11 a.m. June – July).
- Records will be kept for performance awards.
- Discounted Private Junior Golf Lessons (June – August).
- One free large bucket of range balls per day (June – August, anytime).
- FREE 9-hole green fee on Sundays after 2 p.m. with a paying adult (June – September).
- Unlimited use of the Family Course (June – September).
- Depending on the golfer’s ability, they will have the opportunity to play in the the Pikes Peak Junior Golf League and represent Silver Spruce Golf Course (June & July). Ages 10-13, 9 holes; ages 14-18, 18 holes.
- For youths ages 5-18.
- Cost for the Junior Golf Academy is $75 for each Junior participant.
For more information and to sign up, call the Silver Spruce Golf Course pro shop at 719-556-7414, or visit them in Bldg. 1054 at the golf course.
YOUTH GOLF CAMP – offered by Silver Spruce Golf Course
The Silver Spruce Golf Academy is proud to offer a Junior Golf Camp, which consist of five six-hour classes based on the PGA Sports Academy program. This series allows instructors more time with students to perfect golf techniques – from the short game to smashing long drives.
Each six-hour session will cover a specific area of the game, and will provide in-depth discussion and demonstrations, plus on-course execution. The camp is designed with serious game improvement in mind.
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday – Friday, July 29 – August 2.
Cost: $250, which includes lunch and beverages throughout the day and, of course, first-rate golf instruction.
Register: For more information and to sign up, call the Golf Course Pro Shop at 719-556-7414.
SCHOOL AGE SUMMER CAMP
Wait List Registration is open.
- The School Age Summer Camp Wait List Registration is now open in https://MilitaryChildCare.com.
- The program runs from May 28 – August 9, 2019. (Note change of start date.)
- To apply, families must register in militarychildcare.com (https://militarychildcare.cnic.navy.mil/mcc-consumer/home/viewhome.action) and place their child on the waiting list. This is the only way that families can request care, as we have gone to the automated system.
- If you need further assistance, please call the Youth Center at 719-556-7220.