9-11 a.m. Friday, April 27, at the PPTRC’s Dom Cimino Center at Norris Penrose (Click here for flyer and map.)
An interactive experience –
- Learn how horses help people address mental health needs.
- Participate in a hands-on hour with PPTRC’s therapy horses.
- Meet other community members and agency representatives invested in this work.
EQUINE ASSISTED THERAPY (EAT) for Active Duty Military, Veterans and Their Spouses
What is Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT)?
As an experiential psychotherapy, EAT uses horses to help the client(s) increase their self-awareness and repattern any maladaptive behaviors, feelings and attitudes. In relationships and families, this allows for clearer communication, a strengthening of bonds, and overall resilience through life’s ups and downs. Click here for the flyer.
- It’s offered for those with Tricare coverage.
- Available for individuals and couples.
- Weekly group sessions from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Mondays.
- Strengthen bonds, enhance communication and build resilience.
- Openings are continuous and start March 19, 2018.
Need help with an issue? We Can Help – 719-552-HELP
The AFSPC Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is now open to all appropriated and non-appropriated civilian employees, their family members, and supervisors assigned to AF Space Command. EAP delivers 24/7 support for legal and financial counseling, crisis support, individual counseling and much more. Click here for the brochure.
Register at www.FOH4You.com or call 800-222-0364 for details.
Resiliency. It’s the ability to overcome challenges of all kinds – trauma, tragedy, personal crises, plain ol’ life problems – and bounce back stronger, wiser, and more personally powerful.
Some days we feel more resilient than others. When those less-than-resilient days occur, we might need to lean on our Wingman or someone at a Helping Agency. So, we’re offering you a helping hand.
Every day is Wingman Day.
Peterson AFB Community Helping Agencies Guide -Brochure provides resource information for the following:
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Chapel Community
- Equal Opportunity (EO) Office
- Family Advocacy Program
- Health & Wellness Center
- Mental Health Office
- 302 Reserve Forces POC
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) Program
- RP Lee Youth Center
- Military One Source
- Military & Family Life Consultants
- 21st Force Support Squadron
- Air Force Aid Society
- American Red Cross
- Armed Services YMCA
- Peak Military Care Network
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Community Support Coordinator
WINGMAN TOOLKIT SMARTPHONE APP
Have you downloaded the Wingman Toolkit smartphone app? The app has the following features:
- Resilience and fitness trackers
- Workout reminders
- Quizzes to evaluate listening & interpersonal communication
- Meditation and relaxation exercises
- Tools to help stop smoking and count one’s blessings
- Resources & links to immediate help for a Wingman in need
- Available for iPhone and Android devices*
Go to www.wingmantoolkit.org for more details.