A picture is worth a thousand words.
Get your camera and capture an image that conveys the concept of freedom. It’s the theme of the 2018 Air Force Photo Contest.
Participants can enter up to two images that depict the theme, My Air Force Life in Focus: Freedom. Images may be of people, places or things, but must adhere to the theme.
Submission period is May 1-31, 2018.
Two categories are Adult and Youth. The Adult category has two divisions: Novice (anyone new or inexperienced in the art of photography) and Accomplished (anyone with higher level of photography skills obtained through experience, training or profession as a photographer). Adults must me 18 years or older. The Youth category has three age divisions: teens 13-17 years, pre-teens 9-12 years, and children 6-8 years.
The official Air Force Photo Contest will be judged by a panel of photography experts. Judges will select 1st through 3rd place for each category.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in each category.
- First place – $400 Amazon gift card
- Second place – $300 Amazon gift card
- Third place – $200 Amazon gift card
No entrant can win more than one prize.
Authorized patrons of Air Force Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs (IAW AFI 34-101, Air Force Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs and use Eligibility) are eligible to participate in Air Force Services Activity (AFSVA) contests.
- Entrants in the Adult category must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
- Entrants in the Youth categories must be at least 6 years old, but not more than 17 years old, at the time of entry. For Youth category participants, a legal parent or guardian must submit the entry on behalf of the photographer.
- Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commanders, Civilian Leaders, and FSS marketing personnel may enter the contest, but are NOT eligible to win prizes.
- All eligibility requirements in these official rules must be met.
- Prizes will be awarded to eligible participants.
- Any submission that does not meet all the requirements will be ineligible to win.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the contest, visit http://www.myairforcelife.com/arts/ and follow instructions for submitting photographs.
By entering this contest, participants agree to abide by these official rules. Click here for the 2018 Air Force Photo Contest Official Rules.
PETERSON AFB’S FRAME SHOP
Have your special photos framed at the Frame Shop. We have the best prices in the Pikes Peak region, and we stand by that claim. In fact, we’ll match any competitor’s non-sale prices. Bring in your framing price quote and we will not only match it, but beat the competitor’s price with comparable materials and superior workmanship.
Plus, our Frame Shop has one of the area’s largest selections of frames, glass and matting options.
It’s located in Bldg. 640 with Outdoor Recreation, ITT and Leisure Travel. Call the Frame Shop at 719-556-4867, Option #2.