Peterson’s Library hosted its annual DoD Summer Reading Program from June 29 through July 27.
This year’s theme was “It’s Showtime at Your Library!”
Here’s the calendar of events, which started at 10 a.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- July 24 – FIRST COMMAND STORYTIME & COLORADO SPRINGS ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY – Prize: Superhero Photo Props
- July 27 – WRAP PARTY – with Bounce House, Games, Commercial Sponsors, Food & Drink.* *FREE pizza, courtesy of Dion’s — FREE ice cream, courtesy of Blue Bell Creameries.
- Plus, the School Liaison Officer handed out FREE school supplies from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. for ages 5-18 while supplies lasted.
There were weekly drawings for teens and adults:
- The Top 5 Readers in each program – Pre-Readers, Children, Teens, Adults – received a prize at the end of the Summer Reading Program.
- The name of the Top Reader in each program – Children, Teens, Adults – was submitted to Air Force Libraries headquarters at the end of the Summer Reading Program to be entered into the Air Force Libraries-wide prize drawing.
Registration: Registrants created an account for logging minutes spent reading; to win weekly prizes for children and to enter into weekly drawings for teens/adults at: https://petersonafblibrary.beanstack.org/
Cost: FREE! Best of all, this program was free to all!
Contact: Peterson Air Force Base Library, 719-556-7462, [email protected]
THANK YOU SPONSORS & PARTNERS FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
- Blue Bell Creameries
- Ent Credit Union
- First Command Financial Services
- Lockheed Martin
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Rocky Mountain Vibes Baseball
No federal endorsement of sponsors intended.