ID Cards




To see current wait times and to check in virtually, you can also click here.




DOD approved the third extension to accept/use expired USIDs. However, it has specific timelines on the waiver extension based on the populations – foreign affiliates and their dependent family members, active duty (includes ANG/Reserve) and their dependent family members, and retirees and their dependent family members. This extension is only valid for USIDs that expired between January 1, 2020, through July 31, 2021, and this waiver will expire on:

  1.  August 31, 2021, for all Foreign Affiliates and their dependents; and
  2.  October 31, 2021, for dependents of the U.S. Military (AD, RES, ANG); and
  3.  January 31, 2022, for Retirees and their dependents, and other populations.

Click here for the Extended Policy Guidance for Identification Card Operations During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic.


For more information, call 719-556-0008, Option 1, or send an email to (copy and paste email address into your Web browser).

We are an appointment priority location.  We strongly encourage customers to book an appointment online (visit the RAPIDS website to schedule an appointment:, utilize our online renewal process (retiree or dependent IDs only), or contact us at 719-556-0008, option 1, so we can assist you with finding an appointment.

Customers who arrive without an appointment may experience extremely lengthy wait times, as our customers with appointments are seen first.  Customers without appointments who need to be seen for:  CAC unlock/blocks, CAC certificate issues, lost/stolen IDs, DEERS updates that impact medical benefits, deploying service members, and/or other unique situations, will be serviced as a priority over other customers without appointments.

(All customers are required to wear a face mask.)



Renewal of ID/CAC cards must be within 30 days prior to the expiration date. (Exception: Deploying Members with orders whose expiration date is within the dates of the deployment.)

Here is the most recent guidance, dated September 8, 2020, regarding extensions and restrictions on CACs and USIDs.


Dependent/Retiree ID cards may be completed through our online process.  Please see for further guidance. If you have difficulty uploading your renewal documents to DoD SAFE (, please send to Org Box: 21 FSS/FSMPS Customer Support Workflow; email:



Click here to download a PDF of this information.

** If this is your First CAC/ID card, please ensure that you have arrangements to access the installation.
** Any documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.

Lost/Stolen OR Confiscated ID card

  • Two valid forms of ID (One unexpired Photo ID)
  • Memorandum from VCC stating the lost/stolen ID card was reported

Contractors for ID/CAC Card

  • Ensure your Trusted Agent (TA) has you in the CVS system.
  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID. If going overseas, please ensure you have your current (within 30 days) LOA)

Military Retirees

  • Two valid Forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)
  • If Medicare eligible: Medicare Card along with the two valid forms of ID (should already be updated in DEERs)

Turning 65 – Tricare for Life:

  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)
  • 100% Disabled Veteran Eligibility Requirements: Letter from Department of Veteran Affairs showing member as an honorably discharged veteran rated as service connected 100% disabled, authorizing commissary & exchange privileges
  • **VA Letter will be a single letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs addressed to the member. Letter will have a BLACK BORDER BOX with text stating to certify member is 100% disabled veteran.** For all Military Retiree renewals and replacements, please follow the on-line Renewal/Replacement instructions.

Civilian Retirees

  • SF Form 50 (Task manager must submit to DMDC prior to appointment)
  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)

 Civilian Employees

  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)

Civilian Employees (Overseas Position)

  • DD Form 2365
  • SF Form 50 annotating that person is assigned to an Overseas Emergency Essential Position
  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)

Dependent ID

  • Signed 1172-2 or the sponsor must be present or POA
  • Two valid forms of ID (One must be a state/government issued photo ID)
  • Newly Widowed/DAV/Initial Enrollment/ID for age 21 does not fall under the ID card renewal process. Member must visit the MPS for service.

Update Marriage in DEERS – Enrollment of Spouse

  • Sponsor must be present or new spouse has a valid POA
  • Original/Certified copy of marriage certificate that reflects the file number
  • One valid form of ID (Birth Certificate (original/certified true copy), Social Security, etc.)

Update Marriage in DEERS for Dual Mil-to-Mil 

  • Original/Certified Marriage Certificate
  • One valid form of ID (Social Security Card, State/Government issued photo ID, etc.)

** Both military members must be present **

Foreign National Spouse 

  • Original Marriage Certificate
  • Two valid forms of ID (Photo ID and birth certificate is required)
  • Social Security Card (if applicable)

** Documents must be translated into English **

Name Change for Spouse 

  • According to Defense Human Resource Activity (DHRA), the name may only be changed if the spouse provides at least one identity source document listed on the OMB I-9 form such as a Social Security Card or valid Driver’s License reflecting the name change/legal documentation of name change.

Divorce (Sponsor can update only)

  • Original State Filed Divorce Decree OR Certified State Filed Copy
  • State Filed Decree that reflects the State File number

Adding Newborn/Children/Stepchild to DEERS 

  • Birth Certificate (once received)
  • Certificate of Live Birth authenticated by the attending physician
  • Social Security Card
  • If a stepchild is being added, the marriage certificate is also needed

Children Born Out Of Wedlock

Female Sponsors

  • Child’s Birth Certificate and SSN

Male sponsors

  • Court order establishing paternity OR State Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Form
  • Child’s Birth Certificate and SSN
  • Legal documents showing paternity was judicially determined

Adoption of Children Pre-Adopted State

  • Placement Letter for Adoption from the court in process
  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card

Final Adoption

  • Court Order
  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card

Enrolling Dependent Ward (must have guardianship of child for 1 year or more)

  • Initial ID cards will need to be completed at the Sponsor’s ID card office
  • Secondary Dependency approval from DFAS (completed online at DFAS will mail a Letter of Approval to the sponsor
  • Dependent Military ID card
  • One other valid form of identification as defined by the Department of Homeland Security. Must start a dependency determination on the incapacitated child/ward. (only if child has disabilities)
  • Court document placing child in member’s household for at least 12 months
  • Child’s birth certificate and social security card

** All documents must be translated into English and certified **

Once received, sponsor will need to provide DFAS Letter of Approval, Court Document placing the child in member’s household, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card

Name Change for Children

  • Provide official Original/Certified legal documentation (Court Order or Birth Certificate)

Full Time College Students

  • Letter on letterhead from the school registrar’s office stating Full Time Status and Anticipated Graduation Date in an Accredited College in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher OR a printout from the National Student Clearing House containing the same information.
  • Two valid forms of ID (government issued)

Parent/Parent In-law Enrollment 

  • DD Form 137-3 and submission of form and all documentation to the DFAS (DFAS will mail back the Letter of Approval to the sponsor)
  • DFAS Letter of Approval
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Parent Birth Certificate
  • Parent’s Photo ID
  • Social Security Card.

For renewal of any sort, you will need to re-accomplish the DFAS application process, obtain another Letter of Approval in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. (Applications can be picked up online on DFAS)

Designated Agent Letters

  • Authorized patron’s ID card
  • Letter from attending physician
  • Copy of current Family Care Plan (Active Duty only)
  • Two valid forms of ID (Driver’s License or a state/government issued photo ID)

For questions or comments, please contact Customer Support at 719-556-0008 ext. 1  (or DSN:  834-0008 ext. 1). Or send an email to (copy and paste email address into your Web browser).

You are now leaving 21 FSS - Peterson Air Force Base 21st Force Support Squadron

External Links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the U.S. Air Force may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL