WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS MONTH
Looking for more? Please visit our calendar (above) and the signup genius page to sign up for any Health Promotion virtual classes. https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13577d607afcfe4cfac5-virtual
* Sleep Hygiene virtual class is offered fourth Thursday of the month from 10 -11 a.m.
* Stress Management virtual class is offered on 1st Tuesday of the month from 10 – 11 a.m.
* Functional Mobility Exercise Class. This class is designed to learn proper mobility exercises to improve your flexibility, strength and stability for easier movement. This class is offered every Thursday from 6-7 a.m.
* Cooking Class for all Airmen and Guardians living in the dorms is offered on the last Thursday of the month from 2 – 3:30 p.m.
* Weight Loss class on April 5, 19 and 26 from 5 – 6 p.m.
* Best S.E.L.F Lifestyle Wellness Program is a four-week program designed to help individuals achieve a healthy lifestyle with the benefits of learning how to maintain a healthy body composition. Please visit the signup genius link to sign up for Best S.E.L.F lifestyle wellness program https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c44ada62faaf4c25-best#/
* Healthy Body Composition (HBC) Briefing is for Active Duty members only. Objectives for this class are to assist AD members develop SMART Goals, increase knowledge of behavior change theory as it relates to healthy lifestyle behavior change, learn healthy lifestyle program options ,and establish Action Plan items for member’s BCIP. Please visit the signup genius link to sign up for this briefing https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c44ada62faaf4c25-healthy#/
Additionally, the Group Lifestyle Balance program continues to be held at a limited participant capacity with new sessions starting each month. To schedule an appointment or enroll in classes, please email us at [email protected]
Health Promotion is offering in-person and virtual nutritional counseling as well as BodPod (body composition assessment) walk-in only (Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:15 – 9 a.m. & Thursdays from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.).
Health Promotion is offering in-person and virtual nutritional counseling as well as BodPod (body composition assessment) walk-in only Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:15-9 a.m. and Thursdays from 3:30-4:15 p.m.
For any other questions, call Health Promotion at 719-556-4292. We encourage you to spread the news around the base and to your peers.
HEALTH PROMOTION SERVICES
Click here for a complete list of Health Promotion Services that includes times and descriptions.
Health Promotion (HP) is located on the upper level of the Fitness and Sports Center. The stairway in the main hallway or the elevator in the aerobics room are available for customers.
Hours of Operation are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (closed on federal holidays); closed for lunch from 12-1 p.m.
Services are available for all active duty members. Tricare beneficiaries are eligible on a space-available basis.
Note that Health Promotion has two registered dietitians to provide tele-nutrition and in-person nutrition counseling. To schedule an appointment, call 719-524-CARE and ask for an appointment at the Peterson Nutrition Clinic or call our dietitians directly at 719-556-6663 or 719-556-5787.
HP staff members are available for briefings at commander’s calls and for setting up informational booths at events to advertise and promote health and readiness optimization issues.
Available services include:
Tobacco Cessation Intervention
Are you ready to quit tobacco? Pharmaceutical and behavioral intervention is available to help overcome the challenges of quitting. Consult your physician for a referral to the program. In addition, Health Promotion offers nicotine-free replacement for smokeless tobacco users.
Individual Nutrition Consultation
Medical nutrition therapy is available for individuals for a variety of disease states, weight loss, pre/post-natal, pediatric, sports nutrition, etc. Call 719-524-CARE and ask for Peterson Nutritional Medicine to schedule an appointment.
Group Lifestyle Balance
This is a 12-week program that provides education, encouragement and the tools necessary to help individuals reach their healthy lifestyle goals. This program is designed for non-diabetic, overweight individuals age 18 and older who have pre-diabetes and/or the metabolic syndrome. You will learn safe and effective techniques for weight loss, enjoyable physical activity, healthy eating, and reducing the risk of diseases. Registration is required. Call 719-556-9642 to register.
Would you like your children to be more active, eat better and learn healthier lifestyle habits? Call 719-556-9642 for more details or to schedule an appointment.
If you would like additional information or have questions, please call 719-556-4292.