MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD – April 2021
Month of the Military Child Activities –
- at the Main Child Development Center (Bldg. 1350, 719-554-9573) and
- at the Pete East Child Development Center (Bldg. 2004, 719-556-7460):
Boot Camp Challenge – April 5-9, 2021
-Obstacle course in the hallway and on the playgrounds.
*Complete the challenge with your family and receive a medal.
Spirit Week – April 12-16, 2021
April 12 – Patriotic Day-wear red, white and blue and stars and stripes
April 13 – Camo Day
April 14 – Crazy Sock day
April 15 – Stars and Stripes
April 16 – Purple Up Day
*Each facility can vary their spirit days.
Parade of Families – April 19-23, 2021
– Take home a scrap paper page and create a family collage. Then return it to the program to post in the hallway.
Throughout the month –
– Purple Up Art Exhibit – Classrooms will create age appropriate art from purple items (wrapping paper, streamers, tape) donated from the PAB.
– Earth Day Inventions/Creations – Classrooms will create with donated recyclables. Families can also create at home and donate their creation to the classroom. Ideas include homemade toys, musical instruments, etc.
– Teens visit the CDCs and share their talents: reading, yoga, playing a musical instrument. (Pending transportation.)
Month of The Military Child Events at The RP Lee Youth Center (Bldg. 1555, 719-556-7220):
Throughout the month of April –
– Purple Up Canvas Collage – Youth will paint individual canvases which, when displayed together, will reveal a tribute to Military Kids.
– Youth will draw “selfie” self-portraits, and families will fill out “brag books” of their child. These will be displayed as a visible way to show support and thank military youth for their strength and sacrifices.
– Keystone Teen Council will sell Month Of The Military Child T-shirts.
FAMILY MASQUERADE – Friday, April 16, at The Hub
RSVPs are required by Friday, April 9.