HOME ALONE SAFETY CERTIFICATION
for youth ages 10-12
Is your child ready to stay home alone?
The Home Alone Safety for Kids program helps children and their families get ready for their child’s first steps towards independence and being without adult supervision.
This safety program is ideally suited for children aged 10-12 years old. Safety and accident prevention are the common theme throughout the program. The information is relevant and current.
Course content includes:
- Street smarts and bike safety
- People safety (“Tricky People” and Safe strangers)
- Online and Internet safety
- Snacking and kitchen safety
- Home fire safety
- Sibling rivalry
- Preventing accidents
- How to handle emergencies and other situations
- Basic first aid skills
- 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- 5-8 p.m. Saturday, March 6, 2021
- 5-8 p.m. Friday, June 11, 2021
- 5-8 p.m. Friday, September 10, 2021
- 5-8 p.m. Friday, December 3, 2021
Youth who sign up need to provide the following documentation: AF 1181 and current immunization records to include the flu shot.
Deadline to register: By noon Wednesday prior to class date. Call 719-556-7220.
Classes are held at the RP Lee Youth Center, Bldg. 1555, on Peterson AFB.
For information and to register, please call 719-556-7220.