Air Force Youth Programs is excited to offer the 2021 Virtual Teen Aviation Camp in partnership with Air Force Aero Clubs. The virtual camp will be conducted June 14-25, 2021, and offers an introduction to the field of aviation and opportunities for careers and leadership roles within the Air Force.
A combination of Web-based presentations and discussion groups, along with self-paced course materials, provide camp participants with the knowledge to complete the Private Pilot Exam and begin their journey toward earning a Private Pilot License. Exciting stuff!
Eligible Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Dependent of an Air Force Active Duty or Active Duty Military assigned to/living or working on an Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base, Air Force Reserve (AFR), Air Force National Guard (ANG), DoD Civilian Employees (APF or NAF) assigned to/working on an Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base, or Air Force Retirees (on a space available basis).
- Have completed at least their Freshman Year in High School during the 2020/2021 School Year.
- Have not previously attended the Virtual or In-Person Teen Aviation Camp.
Priority Consideration for Applicants:
- Dependent with a parent/guardian who meet the criteria in item 2 or 3 AND who were deployed in support of a contingency operation for a minimum of 30 calendar days within the past six months.
- Dependent of Active Duty Air Force or Other Active Duty assigned to/living or working on Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base.
- Dependent of Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard on Active Duty or Full-Time Training Status
- Dependent of Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard
- DoD Civilians (APF/NAF) assigned to/working on Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base
- Tie Breaker: • previous camp attendance; • date of birth, with priority provided to eldest applicants first.
- SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS: Dependents of Air Force Retirees.
The PDF application must be submitted by a parent or guardian NO LATER THAN APRIL 14, 2021, through the Air Force Camps workflow box: AFSVC.SVPY.Camps@us.af.mil
ATTENTION: Please submit the application as a PDF Document. We do not have the capability to access shared documents or cloud-based files.
It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to confirm receipt of the application.
- AF CYP Camp Work Flow Box: SVPY.Camps@us.af.mil
- Teresa, 210-395-7514
- Kevin, 210-395-7248
- Mona, 210-395-7725