2021 RUN/WALK/BIKE CHALLENGE
January 1 – December 31, 2021
Oh, my goodness! You guessed right: This challenge demands that you cover 2,021 miles between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021. You can RUN, WALK OR BIKE this challenge, and you have the rest of the year to complete it.
SOLO CHALLENGER – You must complete ALL the miles entirely on your own by December 31, 2021.
TEAM CHALLENGER – You can have a team of up to 6 people and DIVIDE the miles amongst the team in order to complete the goal. Teams must complete the challenge by December 31.
TRACKING – To track your distance, use Nike Run app. Each participant must register to receive their prize.
Here’s how you can join the 2021 miles in 2021 Challenge:
Step 1 – Get the App
- Go to your App store and find the “NIKE Run Club” app.
- Click “Install” to begin downloading the app. It’s free to download.
Step 2 – Build A Profile
- Once the app is finished downloading, boot it up.
- Click on the option to join and fill out the “Become A Nike Member,” followed by a series of preferences and questions. Continue until you arrive at the main ‘home’ screen.
Step 3 – Manage Settings
- Click on your profile picture at the top left of your screen. From here, click on “Settings.”
- We will be focused on two: “Units of Measure” and “Run Settings.”
- Units of Measure – Determines whether or not you are using the metric system.
- Run Settings – Alters what you want to be happening while you’re running. The Indoor/Outdoor setting determines how you’ll be tracked: Indoor tracks the movement of the phone (i.e., shaking the phone), while Outdoor tracks the position of the phone (i.e., distance the phone moved in real time).
Step 4 – Join the Club
- Exit your profile and click the “Challenges” tab from the tab menu, or the two-people icon at the bottom of the screen for iPhone users.
- Click on the “plus” icon at the top right of your phone to search for friends, type in “Peterson Fitness Center” and add us. We’ll be easy to find.
- Send us a friend request and wait for us to accept it. You’ll get notification when we do, so it’s advisable to turn on notifications.
- Once we’re friends, go back to the Challenge page and join our challenge labeled “2021 miles in 2021 challenge”.
Step 5 – Track Your Status
- On the Challenge page, you can see how many miles you’ve run, how many days are left to run it, your place in the leader boards and your total distance run.
- To add mileage to the event, go back to the home screen and hit the “Start” button once you’ve set up your run. Make sure you are on the right “Indoor/Outdoor” setting for your run.
- The app will add the mileage in the background, so don’t worry about keeping it open. As long as you hit “Start” before your run, you’re golden!