If you’d like to enjoy the great outdoors this winter, but don’t have your own equipment, you can rent what you need from Outdoor Recreation.
SEASON SKI & SNOWBOARD RENTALS
Season rentals are for skiers and snowboarders who rent a specific set of equipment and keep it for the entire winter ski season. Then tend to be frequent skiers.
DAILY SKI & SNOWBOARD RENTALS
Daily rentals are for skiers and snowboarders who occasionally rent equipment for an occasional ski trip.
2020 – 2021 SEASON RENTAL RATES
- $200 for Adult Ski/Snowboard package
- $150 for Junior (age 12 and younger) Ski/Snowboard package
- $300 for Performance Adult ski/Snowboard package
SEASON SKI RENTALS
- Equipment issue / fittings will begin at 9:30 a.m. Monday, October 28, in the Ski Shop in Bldg. 640.
- Fitting will be completed by APPOINTMENT ONLY. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Starting 9:30 a.m. Monday, October 5, fitting appointments can be made in advance by phone by calling 719-556-4867, Option #1.
- Appointments will be made in 15-minute increments per customer.
- Upon arriving for their scheduled time slot, we ask that the customer be ready with the following information: Height, Weight, Age, Skier Type and Shoe Size.
- Once fitting is complete, the customer will take the season equipment with them and pay in full on the way out.
- All Season Rental Equipment is due back no later than 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 20, 2021.
GENERAL RENTAL POLICIES
Due to COVID-19, we are taking appointments for ALL ski and snowboard fittings. This will help limit the amount of individuals inside the building to comply with Public Health requirements. You must make an appointment for you and your party to be fitted. If no appointment is made, we cannot guarantee that your party will be fitted that day. To make an appointment, call 719-556-4867 option 1.
There is a minimum one-day charge for all items; the one-day charge is based on a 24-hour period. Rental charges start the day you pick up or reserve to pick up the equipment. Equipment is back no later than 2 p.m. the day that it is scheduled to be returned, unless the item is paid for and taken in the same day after 2 p.m., then the item is due back at the time payment was rendered. Sundays are not taken into consideration when determining rental fees.
Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance of the date of pick-up. Payment in full is due at the time the reservation is made. Reservations can be picked up any time during business hours.
No refunds will be given for reservations over holiday weekends. Otherwise canceled reservations will receive a full refund. If you do not pick up your reserved equipment, but do not cancel the reservation, no refund will be provided.
No refunds are provided for rental items returned earlier than the contracted due date.
Equipment returned after 2 p.m. of the scheduled return date will be assessed a late fee of 50% the one-day rental rate for the item. Equipment returned after the scheduled return date will be assessed the full one-day rental rate for each business day it is late.
Condition of Equipment
It is the responsibility of the renter to inspect each item thoroughly before leaving our facility. If an item has damage or a defect, it will be noted on your rental contract or a replacement will be provided if available. Any damage/defect to an item not noted on the rental contract will be assessed damage fees to be paid by the renter. An ODR staff member will assess damage fees, which will be no more than the amount required to cover the costs of any replacement parts and their installation.
The renter will be responsible for the full replacement cost of items that are no longer able to be rented due to loss, theft, or irreparable damage.
ODR is not responsible if equipment is not used for weather conditions or other circumstances that may prevent a customer from being able to use the equipment.
If the base is closed to non-essential personnel on a day you are scheduled to pick up, a refund will be provided for the day of the closure if you choose to pick up the next business day or for the full rental period if you choose not to pick up your rental. If the base is closed to non-essential personnel on the day you are scheduled to return, your rentals well be due by 2 p.m. the next business day.
If delayed reporting is in effect for non-essential personnel, ODR will open 30 minutes after the designated reporting time.
Loading and Unloading
Customers are responsible for loading and unloading their rental equipment in/onto their vehicle and/or trailer, ensuring items are secure, and attaching any tow-able items to their vehicle. Outdoor Recreation and its staff are not responsible for damages or injuries caused by the loading/unloading process.
When picking up or returning bounce houses, canoes, or kayaks, customers must be able to bend, stoop, and lift at least 50lbs and must be accompanied by another person who can bend, stoop, and lift at least 50lbs. Accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
SKI SHOP SERVICES –
- Basic Tune – $30, includes stone grind, machine edge and machine wax.
- Complete Tune – $40, includes base repair, stone grind, edge polishing and hand wax.
- Performance Tune – $50, includes base repair, stone grind, diamond polish edges and performance hand wax.
- Machine Wax & Machine Edge – $15
- Hand Wax & Hand Edge – $25
- Binding Adjustment & Release Test – $20
- Binding Installation – $40 (select bindings)
- Miscellaneous Work – Based upon estimate
- Major Work – Based upon estimate
- 24-Hour Turn-Around – Available for additional charge, based upon staff availability.