READY FOR ADVENTURE?
We recommend that you read these three documents, each important to your safe participation in our trips.
- OAP RESERVATION POLICY – OAP CANCELLATION, RESCHEDULING & REFUND POLICY – OAP SPECIAL GROUP ARRANGEMENT TRIPS
- WHITEWATER RAFTING FAQs
- GUEST RESPONSIBILITY ON RAFTING TRIPS
OVERNIGHT WHITEWATER RAFTING
June 27 – 28, July 11 – 12
Escape your worries of reality on this two-day rafting adventure in Browns Canyon National Monument, surrounded by the snowcapped mountains of the Collegiate Peaks.
Thrilling rapids, beautiful scenery, starry Colorado nights, and amazing food prepared by your guides make this trip the adventure of a lifetime. Come see why rafters love expedition style rafting trips.
- Cost: $300/person, $100/person R4R. Includes roundtrip transportation, equipment, four meals and guided service.
- Location: Browns Canyon National Monument.
- Restrictions: Must be at least 18 years of age and weigh 90 or more pounds. Must be able to swim.
- Sign-up Deadline: By noon seven days prior to the trip.
- Dates: (See dates listed above.)
- Meet Time: 7 a.m. on Day 1.
- End Time: 6 p.m. on Day 2.
BACKPACKING – August 21-23
If you are looking to take your camping to the next level and learn how to live solely off of what yu carry on your back, this introduction to backpacking trip is for you!
You will learn the basics of backcountry living while immersed in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Though this is an introductory trip, a minimum level of fitness will be required, as we will be carrying loaded backpacks at higher elevations. If you sign up, make sure you are physically prepared to hike 5 – 7 miles per day with a weighted backpack.
- Cost: TBD.
- Location: TBD.
- Meet Time: 6 a.m. August 21
- End Time: 6 p.m. August 23
- Sign-up Deadline: noon August 6.
SAVE MONEY WITH R4R!
R4R discounted pricing is available to:
- Active Duty Air Force and their dependents,
- Air Reserve and Air National Guard members and their dependents,
- Sister service members and their dependents (Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, Army) only if they are PERMANENTLY stationed on an Air Force installation. They need to have PCS orders to an Air Force installation, TDY orders do not count.
Who is NOT eligible:
- Non-dependent family of eligible members,
- Sister service members (and family) NOT permanently stationed on an Air Force installation (i.e. Army member stationed at Fort Carson is not eligible),
- Foreign military members,
When you look at the cost of an Outdoor Recreation trip, the Single Airman Initiative and the RecOn Initiative will save you a big chunk of money. So go!
SINGLE AIRMAN INITIATIVE
Thanks to the Single Airman Initiative grant, Outdoor Recreation offers substantial savings on trips and programs designed to foster a strong culture, mission and sense of community for airmen. For more information, call Outdoor Recreation at 719-556-4867, Option 1.
Outdoor Recreation is able to offer special discounts for the active duty military, reservist and their ID card dependents for some of our adventure programs through a special RecOn grant. You won’t find savings like these anywhere else. If you’re even modestly interested in one of these programs, we encourage you to sign up for it. We have the grant money today; we not have it forever. For more information, call Outdoor Recreation at 719-556-4867, Option 1.
Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.
Here’s what our customers are saying about our people and our trips.
Our customers love our trips. Here’s what two customers said about our 14er Adventure Weekend, June 20-21, 2015.
I’m dropping you a line to let you know of the GREAT customer service exhibited by my trip guides, Willie and John. For the weekend dates of June 20-21, 2015 I participated in the “14er Adventure Weekend” with Peterson AFB Outdoor Rec. Signing up, I thought it was going to be a slightly elevated/CLEAR PATHED walk up a mountain with my good gal pal. In actual, it was the most challenging activity I’ve ever done in my (X) years of life on this earth. My fear of heights, bears, bugs, and scarring any part of my body had to be overcome in nano seconds. Although my father was in the military, I consider myself an east coast girl woman with a love/hate relationship for the Colorado outdoors. Having typed that… I have to say, I LOVED THE TRIP!!! I know! It’s crazy! At the start of the trip Willie was extremely nice and empathetic about my friend and I sitting out from the rafting trip; shame on our parents for never enforcing us to finish our summer swimming lessons as kids. I also would like to give him 4.98 stars out of 5 in his area of cooking for the trip. Now for John’s commendation: Johnathan was my personal hiking coach this trip. As mentioned before, my fear of heights, bears, bugs, and scarring any part of my body had to be overcome in nano seconds. With John’s (what seemed like at the time) sporadic words of encouragement and sprinkling of guidance on where to place my feet in the slippery points of the hike; I was able to get up and make it back down Mt. Yale only leaving a few shavings of skin, 3 ounces of tears, and breaking 3 finger nails. On a serious note, personally, no matter how frustrated and scared I was during the hike, both were focused on making this experience for me and everyone on the trip a good one. They did so by:
- Communicating openly and effectively about situations which led to
- Positively influencing the performance of the trip participants
- They provided leadership and inspiration to others and
- Used their voice to influence and educate others on safe hiking practices.
Great customer service exhibited from this trip’s staff should not go unnoticed and should be rewarded! Please share this commendation with them and reward them in an appropriate manner. It is employees like these that make participants like me promoters for the adventure program. Their soul is definitely found in the work that they provide to trip participants.
– Michelle, July 2015
I went on the rafting, camping, and 14er trip last week and was thoroughly pleased. There were different levels of ability from beginner to advanced hikers. The guides/staff members Willie and John were encouraging and supportive to everyone in the group. They made sure that no one in the group was too far behind or ahead. You can tell they both love what they do by their great attitudes and positive outlook.
– Zanobia, June 2015
MOAB ADVENTURE WEEKEND
We attended the Moab multi-day adventure camping trip with our family. It was one of the best trips that we have ever experienced, and it will definitely go down in our memory book. Michelle and Ross were true professionals. Not only did they organize every detail perfectly, but they were always fun.
– Stephanie, February 2014