CAMPERS & BOATS
OUTDOOR RECREATION’S PHONE IS CURRENTLY DOWN
Outdoor Recreation’s main phone number – 719-556-4867 – is currently down. ODR staff have been working with key personnel to troubleshoot the issue and hope to have it remedied soon. We do apologize for the frustration and inconvenience to those of you who have been trying to call us.
In the meantime, ODR staff ask that you call this number – 719-556-1760. Since it is the number for our Tickets counter and because ODR customers will be using that phone number now to make rafting, ziplining and horseback riding reservations, we do ask for your patience. If you leave your name and phone number someone will return your call as soon as possible.
Or, you may stop in our office at your convenience. We’re located in Bldg. 640.
Outdoor Recreation Staff
Wed., June 29
HUNTERS LIKE CAMPERS, TOO
Our campers are available for rent beyond the end of October … for hunters! Call us to learn more, 719-556-4867, Option #1.
If you want to get away for the weekend and see all that Colorado has to offer but want to take the comforts of home with you, rent one of our campers and you can have the best of both worlds!
Here are a few photos of our RPods to give you a look inside.
OUR NEW CAMPER – The KZ Escape 191
Here are several photos of our new camper, the KZ Escape 191. We currently have two of them.
Two outside views of the KZ Escape 191.
Inside views of the KZ Escape 191.
Views of the bath in the KZ Escape 191.
CAMPER RENTAL POLICIES
- Rental Period: Campers can be rented May through October.
- Cancellations: Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a cancellation fee equal to the fee of a 1-day rental. A prorated refund will be provided for the remainder of the fees paid if a new renter can be found for the reserved camper (note this differs from our general cancellation policy). Reservations covering a federal holiday will not receive a refund if canceled.
- Pickup/Dropoff: Renter must allow for at least 30 minutes for thorough inspection when picking up or returning campers. Due to this time requirement, renters must arrive no later than 5 p.m. to pick up/return a camper (note this differs from our general rental policies).
Enjoy a day full of fishing and sunshine on one of Colorado’s wonderful local reservoirs. Our new 15′ V-Hull fishing boats are the perfect fit for a day with your line in the water.
Prior to picking up your boat rental, you must provide proof of completion of either a Colorado Parks and Wildlife or U.S. Coast Guard approved Boater Education Course. BoatEd, BoaterExam, and BoatU.S. offer online courses with content approved by the State of Colorado and NASBLA. Colorado Parks and Wildlife offer in person safety courses. You must present proof of completion of either a Colorado or Coast Guard approved course when you pick up your boat.
- Class III Hitch with at least 2” receiver
- 2” ball on mount with appropriate drop for your vehicle
- 3,000 lbs. towing capacity
- 4-flat electrical plug or adapter to 4-flat from other plug type.
If your tow vehicle does not meet all of the above requirements, you will not be able to take the boat.
BOAT RENTAL POLICIES
- Rental Period: Boats can be rented May through October.
- Cancellations: Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a cancellation fee equal to the fee of a 1-day rental (note this differs from our general cancellation policy). Reservations covering a Federal Holiday will not receive a refund if canceled.
- Pickup/Dropoff: Renter must allow for at least 30 minutes for thorough inspection when picking up or returning boats. Due to this time requirement, renters must arrive no later than 5 p.m. to pick up/return a boat (note this differs from our general rental policies).