SITUATION: Our DEERS capabilities are fully degraded as of 12:20 p.m. MT Monday, October 7, 2019. We are unable to perform any functions at this time. Unfortunately, this is a DoD-wide issue.
If you have any questions or concerns, my team and I are standing by to assist. Please don’t hesitate to contact the 21FSS Military Personnel Section, 719-556-0008, Option 1. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
Thank you for your patience as we work with our DMDC technicians to resolve this issue ASAP.
MPF HOURS – Military Personnel, 719-556-0008
Our hours are 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays by appointment only; closed by noon every third Thursday. NOTE: MPF will be closed Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
- For ON-LINE Appointments: Please sign up through RAPIDS Appointment Scheduler (select Peterson AFB):
- Visit: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/default.aspx (Copy and paste this Web address into your Web browser.)
- Select a State: “CO”
- Select a City: “Colorado Springs”
- Select the Peterson AFB MPF Location: 135 Dover St., Bldg 350
- Find a date with available times (highlighted in green).
- Effective immediately, we will no longer be offering same-day appointments. Walk-ins will only be taken for CAC PIN resets/unlocks, minor DEERS updates (marriage, newborn, name change, etc.), lost/stolen ID cards, work stoppages, mission essential personnel, or emergency situations. All other walk-ins will be considered on a case-by-case situation and as time allows.
- For more information: Please call 719-556-0008 or visit https://www.21fss.com/about/military-personnel/
MILITARY PERSONNEL FLIGHT (MPF)
Hours of Operation
The MPF Customer Support Section (DEERS/ID CARDS) is open 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The MPF is closed all federal holidays.
The MPF is located at 135 Dover St., Bldg. 350, Suite 1074, Peterson AFB, Colorado 80914.
719-556-0008 (opt 1)
MPF Customer Support PRIORITY LIST
- Distinguished Visitors (General Officers and SES Civilians)
- Pin Reset / CAC unblock / DEERS update
Please see front desk for online renewal/replace pick up or guidance in addition to instructions below.
Proper identification is required for all transactions. To be issued any ID card, two forms of unexpired identification are required for adults, one of which must be a current photo ID. Children under 18 years of age, only one form of ID is needed. (Ex. SSAN card, Birth certificate, school ID or current military ID card).
Renewal of ID/CAC Cards
Renewal of ID/CAC cards must be within 30 days prior to the expiration date. (Exception: Deploying Members with orders whose expiration date is within the dates of the deployment.)
ONLINE Military Retiree & Dependent ID Card Renewal Process
Step 1. Fill out the “Application to Renew” NOTE: Web link is not compatible with all web browsers. (Attach this form with Step 2 docs)
Step 2. Sponsor Certify the DD Form 1172 on-line.
Have the sponsor (CAC holder or Retirees can create a DS log-on) access the DMDC website, click “Replace ID” next to dependent name, certify the DD Form 1172 for the dependent who is renewing his/her ID card via the following link: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/rapids/unauthenticated?execution=e1s1
Step 3. Submit Pictures of Dependent and 2x Supporting IDs via AMRDEC SAFE
Open AMRDEC SAFE (https://safe.amrdec.army.mil/safe/) and submit the following documents to the 21 FSS/FSPS at email@example.com
- Two Supporting Identifications (2 forms of unexpired ID with the EXACT same name, front only). Each document will need to be its own attachment. One form for dependents 18 and under. (Provide “Lost Letter” if applicable)
- Photo of Dependent for the ID card (shoulders up, white/off white background)
- Completed “Application to Renew” form
- If ID card was lost or stolen, you must also upload a memorandum from Security Forces stating the lost/stolen ID card was reported.
NOTE: Reference the “Supporting ID Requirements” for additional guidance on supporting identifications and pictures.
Step 4. Pick up ID Card at MPF Customer Support Office
The ID card will be ready for pick up within 7 business days. Once the ID card is created you will receive an email from a Customer Support Office representative. Your current ID card will be terminated, and will be confiscated at the gate.
Please have this email readily available upon entering the gate of Peterson AFB. If you do not receive an email within 7 business days of the date you submitted your file, please contact us to inquire on a status.
If you call or walk in for a status please have your AMRDEC Safe or Customer Support email available. You must bring the original two supporting identification documents used to create the ID card with you upon pick-up. Dependents will sign ID card and DD Form 1172 acknowledging receipt. The sponsor is not required to be present for ID card pick-up.
For questions or feedback – please contact Customer Support at COMM: 719-556-0008/DSN: 834-0008 ext. 1 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost/Stolen OR Confiscated ID Card
If you lost your ID card, you will need to fill out a lost ID letter VCC (West Gate) and two forms of ID. For lost/stolen CAC cards, you will need one of the following items below in addition to 2 forms of identification, one of which must be an unexpired photo ID:
- Police report
- A statement or document as provided by the Service or agency (e.g., counseling document) or
- Letter or memorandum from the activity’s security manager, the individual’s supervisor, or the First Sergeant.
Contractors for ID/CAC Card
Ensure your Trusted Agent (TA) has you in the CVS system. Contractors must have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID. One must be a state/government issued photo ID. If going overseas, please ensure you have your current (within 30 days) LOA.
**If this is your First CAC/ID card, please ensure you have arrangements to access the installation. Any documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Initial Requirement: Retirement Orders * Reserve/National Guard Retirees: Orders/Letter transferring to Retired List and authorizing retired pay. If Medicare eligible, the Medicare Card along with the two (unexpired) forms of ID.
Turning 65 – Tricare For Life – If you are turning 65 years old and will be on TRICARE for Life, you must bring your Medicare card to your ID appointment, along with TWO (unexpired) forms of ID. One must be a state/government issued photo ID.
100% Disabled Veteran, Eligibility Requirements – Provide letter from Department of Veteran Affairs showing member as an honorably discharged veteran rated as service connected 100% disabled, authorizing commissary & exchange privileges, DD Form 214, and TWO acceptable forms of ID (one photo). **VA Letter will be a single letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs addressed to the member. Letter will have a BLACK BORDER BOX with text stating to certify member is 100% disabled veteran.** For all Military Retiree renewals and replacements, please follow the on-line Renewal/Replacement instructions.
Civilians retiring must have SF Form 50 and have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID (No Badges). One must be a state/government issued photo ID. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Civilian Employees Civilians must have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID (No Badges) to receive new ID card. One must be a state/government issued photo ID.
Civilian Employees (Overseas Position) Provide DD Form 2365, SF Form 50 annotating that person is assigned to an Overseas Emergency Essential Position, and two (unexpired) forms of ID (no badges). One must be a state/government issued photo ID.
Military/Retiree/Civilian Dependent ID Card Renewal/Replacement
NOTE: Reference Supporting ID Reqs for additional guidance on supporting identifications and pictures.
Dependent ID – Must bring the original two supporting identifications used to create the ID card with you. Requires an 1172-2 or the sponsor must be present. Need two forms of ID. Newly Widowed/DAV/Initial Enrollment/ID for age 21 does not fall under the ID card renewal process. Member must visit the MPS for service.
Married – Enrollment of Spouse – When adding your spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must be present or new spouse has a valid POA as well as the following documents below:
A valid State/Federal government issued photo ID, Original/Certified copy of marriage certificate that reflects the file number, Birth Certificate (original/certified true copy), Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Married Dual Mil-to-Mil – If you are an Active Duty Member and have married another Active Duty member, you will need to provide your Original/Certified Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card, and a State/Government issued photo ID. Both military members must be present.
Foreign National Spouse – If your spouse is a foreign national – you will need to provide the original Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Driver License, and Social Security Card (if applicable).**Documents must be Original/Certified and translated into English.**
Name Change for Spouse – According to Defense Human Resource Activity (DHRA), the name may only be changed if the spouse provides at least one identity source document listed on the OMB I-9 form such as a Social Security Card or valid Driver’s License reflecting the name change/legal documentation of name change.
Divorce – Please provide your Original State Filed Divorce Decree OR Certified State Filed Copy to update DEERS. (State Filed Decree that reflects the State File number). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Adding Newborn/Children/Stepchild To DEERS – Sponsor must have the following documents for the child: Birth Certificate/Certificate of Live Birth authenticated by the attending physician & Social Security Card. If a stepchild is being added, the marriage certificate is also needed. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Children Born Out Of Wedlock Female Sponsors – Child’s Birth Certificate and SSN. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Male sponsors – Court order establishing paternity OR State Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Form, Child’s Birth Certificate, SSN, and legal documents showing paternity was judicially determined. *Documents must be Original/Certified. No photocopies*
Adoption of Children Pre-Adopted State – Sponsor will need a Placement Letter for Adoption from the court in process, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Final Adoption – Court Order, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Enrolling Dependent Ward – Initial ID cards will need to be completed at the Sponsor’s ID card office. For renewal of any sort, you will need to have a DFAS Re-determination completed in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. You will need to complete the DD Form 137-5 and submit it to the DFAS. Once completed, we will need the DFAS letter of approval, Dependent Military ID Card, and another valid form of identification as defined by the Department of Homeland Security. Must start a dependency determination on the incapacitated child/ward.
Dependency Determination (obtained from Finance), court document placing child in member’s household for at least 12 months, birth certificate and social security card. All documents must be translated into English and certified.
DFAS will mail a Letter of Approval to the sponsor.
Once received, sponsor will need to provide DFAS Letter of Approval, Court Document placing the child in member’s household, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. (Applications can be picked up at Finance). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Name Change for Children – Provide official Original/Certified legal documentation (Court Order or Birth Certificate) for name change of children. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Full Time College Students – Students 21 years of age must bring a letter on letterhead from the school registrar’s office stating Full Time Status and Anticipated Graduation Date in an Accredited College in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher or a printout from the National Student Clearing House containing the same information.
Parent/Parent In-law Enrollment – An initial Parent/Parent In-Law application will need to be completed. The application consists of the completion of the DD Form 137-3 and submission of form and all documentation to the DFAS. DFAS will mail back the Letter of Approval to the sponsor.
Once received, provide the DFAS Letter of Approval, Sponsor Birth Certificate, Parent Birth Certificate, Parent’s Photo ID, and Social Security Card.
For renewal of any sort, you will need to re-accomplish the DFAS application process, obtain another Letter of Approval in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. (Applications can be picked up at the ID Card Section Office). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.
DESIGNATED AGENT LETTERS
- The Designated Agent letter is issued to an authorized person designated by the military sponsor (or surviving spouse). This letter allows that person access to the Base Exchange and/or commissary for shopping on behalf of the sponsor.
- This letter is only valid for one year at a time. Only one person may be designated per household. Authorization cannot be granted solely for customer convenience – an extreme hardship must exist and be validated. Dual military couples (active duty) with children in the household and single parents (active duty) with children in the household may also have a designated agent when a family care plan is in effect.
- Base Exchange and Commissary personnel have the right to limit purchases made in their store. Any suspicion that someone is attempting to make purchases in a fraudulent manner (for other than the sponsor and their household) may result in confiscation of the Designated Agent letter and suspension of privileges in accordance with 21st Force Support Squadron Standard Operating Procedure (copy of this instruction is on file in the Customer Service office).
- The following current supporting documentation must be presented each time a letter is issued and/or renewed: Authorized patron’s presence or valid Power of Attorney: If the authorized patron is unable to be present at the time of issuance, the person obtaining the agent card must have a current Power of Attorney authorizing them to conduct actions pertaining to the military on behalf of the sponsor or surviving dependent.
- Authorized patron’s ID card: The authorized patron is the military or retired military sponsor or the surviving dependent of the sponsor. The ID card must not be expired.
- Letter from attending physician: When the sponsor is physically unable to shop for themselves, they must obtain a letter from their doctor stating their incapacitating condition or inability to care for themselves. This letter must be current within the year of obtaining the agent letter. This requirement does not apply to active duty military couples with children or active duty single parents with children.
- Copy of current Family Care Plan (Active Duty only): Dual military couples or single parents with children must provide this in order to obtain a Designated Agent letter (usually in cases of deployment, unaccompanied PCS or TDY). The designated agent must be someone designated as a caregiver on the family care plan.
- Two forms of ID, one with photo required: Driver’s License or a state/government issued photo ID; preferably valid driver’s license and social security card.
NOTE: THIS SITE IS NOT FOR PASSPORTS. If you require a passport appointment, call the passport agent at 719-556-0007.
DFAS Telephone Numbers:
AIR FORCE – 317- 212-3657 or 800-525-0102
NAVY – 888-332-7411 (opt 2)
ARMY – 317-212-1910 or 888-332-7411
MARINES – 703-784-9529
COAST GUARD – 785-339-3441
Other locations for ID cards include the following:
Buckley AFB – 720-847-4357
Fort Carson Army Post* – 719-526-3584
Schriever AFB – 719-567-5900
USAF Academy – 719-333-8766
Or to find a site near you, go to RAPID Site Locator.
*Fort Carson members need a memo from DEERS office signed by their brigade stating they wouldn’t service them. If the memo is not present with the member, we will not service them.
Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.