5 STAR NUTRITION REP ON SITE
Our 5 Star Nutrition Fit-to-Go Series returns to the Fitness Center lobby 4-6 p.m. Friday, March 5. Meet Tyler, our nutrition rep, who will answer questions and hand out free product samples. Plus, 5 Star Nutrition’s partner, a local chiropractor, will offer FREE chair massages.
Please be advised of the following guidelines:
- Patrons must wear a mask/face covering in order to enter the facility and in the strength training areas. Face shields not authorized.
- Patrons do NOT have to wear a mask while exercising on cardio equipment.
- We ask that you abide by the posted signage indicating authorized physical distancing measures and head counts.
- We ask you to please stay home if you feel ill or have fever.
- In addition to checking ID cards, our fitness staff will be conducting temperature checks as patrons enter, as an added health and safety precaution. Patrons with elevated temperatures will be asked to return home.
- The Fitness Center outdoor track remains available for use with appropriate social distancing.
- Individuals TDY or PCSing to Peterson must complete a 10 day ROM before accessing the fitness center.
If you have any questions, please call the Peterson Fitness Center front counter at 719-556-4462.
The Fitness Center remains temporarily closed to all other personnel at this time due to COVID-19. But, the Fitness Center outdoor track remains available for use with appropriate social distancing.
Wellbeats helped play a role in keeping you fit early in our game plan against COVID-19. Now the Fitness & Sports Center is delighted to offer our patrons access to Wellbeats through January 31, 2021.
STEP 1 – Download the Wellbeats App or visit the website portal: portal.wellbeats.com
STEP 2 – Select ‘Register Via Code’ and enter invitation code (See flyer.)
STEP 3 – Play a fitness class!
Official Fitness Assessments
Interim Policy Guidance for Official Physical Fitness during the COVID-19 Outbreak
Subject to local health conditions, Air Force physical fitness assessments shall resume January 1, 2021, and the following actions pertaining to all official physical fitness assessments apply:
- Commanders shall begin assessing Airmen’s fitness on January 1, 2021, contingent upon base fitness centers being reopened and local state/country travel and movement restrictions being lifted.
- If fitness centers remain closed and local movement restrictions remain in place, commanders may choose to delay physical fitness assessment resumption beyond January 1, 2021, until safe conditions are available.
- An Airmen’s next scheduled fitness assessment will be based on the date of their last official assessment and fitness category.
- In order to maintain the health and safety of the force as we resume testing, the abdominal circumference component will be temporarily suspended through October 1, 2021, or until further notice. During this period, all Airmen will receive a temporary, one-year abdominal circumference component exemption, and the next scheduled test date will be based on the overall fitness score. (See attachment 2 for full schedule). This one-year temporary abdominal circumference exemption will take precedence over any other shorter term temporary abdominal circumference exemptions.
- The annual height and weight measurements taken in conjunction with the fitness assessment will be temporarily suspended until further notice in order to preserve the health and safety of the force.
- Physical training leaders augmenting the Fitness Assessment Cell may test members from within their same unit to help provide Commanders with capacity options.
- Commanders should use the four-month delay to purchase appropriate equipment (i.e., toe bars) to aid in physical distancing and administration of official physical fitness assessments in a safe and healthy environment.
Actions pertaining to Airmen who are non-current, overdue or who have an unsatisfactory official fitness assessment:
- Airmen who are non-current or have an unsatisfactory official physical fitness assessment will not be required to test before the authorized 42-day reconditioning period has expired. The first day of the 42-day reconditioning period begins on January 1, 2021.
- However, Airmen may request a waiver to the 42-day reconditioning requirement with commander approval, in order to test early and meet promotion eligibility or other requirements but may not be forced or directed to do so.
Some members of the Fitness & Sports Center’s staff are certified Fitness Specialists. Each are qualified to assist you in building an individualized eight-week program to help you achieve your fitness goals. If you run into a brick wall several months into a training regimen or need something new to renew your zeal for working out, the Fitness Specialist might be what you need. And, they can give you an equipment orientation, showing you all the different fitness equipment in the facility and demonstrating how to operate it. For more information, call the front desk at 719-556-4462, #1.
The Peterson Complex Fitness and Sports Center is one of the best facilities you will find in the Air Force. The staff of the Peterson and Cheyenne Mountain fitness facilities provides outstanding customer service and programming.
Our staff attends training in Fitness Specialist and Coopers Personal Training Courses in order to provide our customers with safe and knowledgeable instruction.
Intramural and special program events exceed the core requirements and provide opportunities for espirit de corps and competition among all eligible customers.
We offer a comprehensive fitness improvement program, aerobics and spinning classes to ensure our customers have the opportunity to develop or improve their level of fitness.
We invite you to be an active participant in all our programs, special events, and classes.
If there are any questions or anything we can do for you to improve your fitness experience, please don’t hesitate to contact myself or one of my staff.