10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, November 16, at The Club
Over 25 schools will be represented (local brick & mortar schools and both local & national online programs). They will be available to answer questions and provide details about military-compatible degree programs eligible for Military Tuition Assistance.
The Education Center is excited to offer these courses. Click here for the class list and descriptions.
For more information and to sign up, call 719-556-4996 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?
Do you have the feeling you are in the wrong career field but are unsure what new careers to explore? Are you just starting out and are overwhelmed by career options? Do you want in on the secret to improved job satisfaction? In this 90-minute session we explore personality type and how
it relates to career choice and career satisfaction. Job satisfaction depends on matching your career and work environment to your preferred personality traits. During this session we will take a short personality assessment, explore the results, and investigate resources which will help you discover career fields based on your assessment results.
For more information or to sign up for this session, contact the Peterson Education Center at 719-556-4996 or email email@example.com.
TGPS – also known as Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success): Accessing Higher Education Track
The Accessing Higher Education track is for those transitioning members pursuing higher education. It assists Service members in identifying the education requirements that support their personal goals. This track focuses on topics such as how to achieve academic success, how to research and compare institutions, and how to finance higher education. After completing the Accessing Higher Education Track, Service members will be prepared to complete an application to an accredited institution, schedule a session with a counselor from an academic institution, or meet individually with education counselors, as needed.
Funding Your Education
This briefing is for you if you are a student using Tuition Assistance and haven’t yet explored other funding opportunities to limit out of pocket costs or if you have a dependent going off to college soon.
We will have a special briefer from the TRIO program offering an in-depth briefing on all things educational funding related such as, Federal Financial Aid, Scholarships, and grants. This will be followed by a briefing to help you understand the details of your GI Bill benefits so you can make the most of that benefit.
High School to Higher Education
This course is designed for high school students (and their parents) who are college bound. We begin by offering an assessment to help students match their choice of college major and career goals to personality type in order to achieve greater satisfaction. We then offer information on the college search and application process from cradle to grave. A detailed Financial Aid Briefing exploring FAFSA, scholarships, and grants will be given. At the conclusion of the session, a GI Bill briefing will be offered for those who have transferred VA education benefits to dependents.
For more information about any of these courses and to sign up, call 719-556-4996 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College and Career Counseling
- Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military and Department of Defense Civilian Employees
- CCAF Counseling
- Testing Services
- GI Bill Benefit Information
- Commissioning Program Guidance
EDUCATION CENTER OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Closed on 21st Space Wing family days and federal holidays.
TESTING SCHEDULE – Effective Monday, July 31, 2017
Monday – DLPT/DLAB/ECI @ 8:30 a.m.
Monday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Tuesday – DLPT/DLAB/ECI @ 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Wednesday – CDC @ 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday – FAA @ 1 p.m.
Thursday – PME @ 8:30 a.m.
Thursday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Friday – PME @ 8:30 a.m.
Our Education Center is fully certified as an FAA testing site. Airman Knowledge Testing Services are offered every Wednesday at 1 p.m. If you are interested in testing, send your request to 21FSS.FSDE.TEST.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill Briefings – 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 6, 2017. Learn more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Topics covered include eligibility criteria for the bill, the transfer to dependents option, payment amounts, comparison to the Montgomery GI Bill, and more.
- Initial Tuition Assistance (TA) Briefing – 2 p.m. every Tuesday. Required for all first-time TA users. Additionally, any personnel who have not pursued their education in the last year are now required by AFI 36-2649 to have a follow-up counseling. This briefing fulfills the requirement.
- Transition Goals Planning Success (T-GPS) Achieving Higher Education Track – 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday, June 14-15, 2017. Separating or retiring from the military and thinking about going back to school? This two-day program guides you through the variety of decisions involved such as choosing a degree program and college institution, funding considerations, and the admissions process. To sign up, send an email to email@example.com.
- Enlisted Commissioning Program Briefing – If you are interested in becoming an officer, this is a great starting point to gain a high-level overview of the major programs for enlisted personnel to commission. From 2-3 p.m. June 12, 2017. Please reserve a spot via the Team Pete Professional Development Center SharePoint site.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.