The Education Center will be closed 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Tuesday, October 16, for CCAF Graduation.
Peterson Air Force Base CCAF Graduation (includes the 302nd graduates) will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at The Club.
Please reach out to your unit First Sergeant for details and to confirm your participation.
Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) Update
AFVEC UPDATE: The functionality in AFVEC allowing you to Start a Funding Request for Military Tuition Assistance (MilTA) is now up and running. Please begin submitting MilTA requests via AFVEC effective immediately.
If you submitted a manual MilTA request via the education center for a class that begins on or BEFORE 17 August, your manual request will be honored and created.
If your course starts on or after 18 August, please log into AFVEC (note: AFVEC has a new link https://afvec.us.af.mil/) and apply for MilTA funding using the normal process.
Any MANUAL MIlTA request submitted to the education center for courses starting on or after August 18 will not be processed and you will be directed to submit your request via AFVEC.
If you experience technical issues, please contact our office at 556-4996 or via the education and training org box at email@example.com for assistance.
AF COOL Funding Restored
Suspension of AF COOL has been lifted as the program has received additional funding. However in order to stretch funding dollars until the new December 1 contract can be established, there are now three funding priority levels.
- Priority 1 = Those who are within 90-150 days of their DOS.
- Priority 2 = Those seeking funding for AFSC related preparation materials (books or materials but does not include certification/exam testing).
- Priority 3 = All other funding requests.
If you have questions about AF COOL contact the AF COOL office at firstname.lastname@example.org, DSN: 749-5115 or commercial 334-649-5115.
Change in Hours of Operation
* Note: Effective Friday, August 3, 2018 — Education Center counselors are available by appointment only every Friday between 12-3:30 p.m.
Education Center Office hours are 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays; 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 12-3:30 p.m. Fridays (by appointment only). The
third Thursday of the month, hours are 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
The Education Center is excited to offer these courses. Click here for the class list and descriptions.
For more information and to sign up, call 719-556-4996 or email us at email@example.com.
Be What You Are
Do you have the feeling you are in the wrong career field but are unsure what new careers to explore? Are you just starting out and are overwhelmed by career options? Do you want in on the secret to improved job satisfaction? In this 90-minute session we explore personality type and how it relates to career choice and career satisfaction. Job satisfaction depends on matching your career and work environment to your preferred personality traits. During this session we will take a short personality assessment, explore the results, and investigate resources which will help you discover career fields based on your assessment results.
For more information or to sign up for this session, contact the Peterson Education Center at 719-556-4996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TGPS – also known as Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success): Accessing Higher Education Track
The Accessing Higher Education track is for those transitioning members pursuing higher education. It assists Service members in identifying the education requirements that support their personal goals. This track focuses on topics such as how to achieve academic success, how to research and compare institutions, and how to finance higher education. After completing the Accessing Higher Education Track, Service members will be prepared to complete an application to an accredited institution, schedule a session with a counselor from an academic institution, or meet individually with education counselors, as needed.
Funding Your Education
This briefing is for you if you are a student using Tuition Assistance and haven’t yet explored other funding opportunities to limit out of pocket costs or if you have a dependent going off to college soon.
We will have a special briefer from the TRIO program offering an in-depth briefing on all things educational funding related such as, Federal Financial Aid, Scholarships, and grants. This will be followed by a briefing to help you understand the details of your GI Bill benefits so you can make the most of that benefit.
For more information about any of these courses and to sign up, call 719-556-4996 or email us at email@example.com.
- College and Career Counseling
- Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military and Department of Defense Civilian Employees
- CCAF Counseling
- Testing Services
- GI Bill Benefit Information
- Commissioning Program Guidance
EDUCATION CENTER OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Thursday* 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
(*Third Thursday of the Month 8 a.m.-12 p.m.)
Friday 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 12-3:30 p.m.
Online test scheduling through your AFVEC account: You can now schedule your PME, HAZMAT, DLPT, DLAB, ECL, AFCT, AFOQT, ALS, SOS tests online! Test dates can be requested via The Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) under the “Online Tests Requests” tab. Your AFVEC account can be accessed through the Air Force Portal under the “Careers and Training” tab. If you do not have an AFVEC account, please take a moment to create one so that you can utilize this system in the future for your testing and educational needs. If you have questions or encounter issues in the process of scheduling a test, please call 556-4996 or email the Peterson Test Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The testing schedule is as follows:
Monday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 8:30 a.m.
Monday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Tuesday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Wednesday – CDC @ 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday – FAA @ 1 p.m.
Thursday – PME @ 8:30 a.m.
Thursday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Friday – PME @ 8:30 a.m.
Testing: Email 21FSS.FSDE.TEST (For FAA and OPI exams only)
UTA Testing: Email 302 FSS/DPMT
AFOQT Testing Schedule: September 27 (4th Thursday of every month); schedule via your AFVEC account under the tab “Schedule a Test.”
FAA TESTING at the PETERSON EDUCATION CENTER
Our Education Center is fully certified as a FAA testing site. Testing, however, is now limited to the following exams:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Airframe (AMA,)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician General (AMG),
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Powerplant (AMP),
- Military Competency Instructor (MCI),
- Private Pilot Airplane (PAR),
- Instrument Rating Airplane (IRA).
Testing is offered every Wednesday at 1 p.m. If you are interested in testing, send your request to email@example.com.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill Briefings – 10 a.m. Thursday, September 20, 2018, to be held at the A&FRC, 101 Falcon Parkway, Schriever AFB. Learn more abut the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Topics covered include eligibility criteria for the bill, the transfer to dependents option, payment amounts, comparison to the Montgomery GI Bill, and more. To reserve a seat, call the Education Center at 719-556-4996.
- Initial Tuition Assistance (TA) Briefing – 2 p.m. every Tuesday and 9 a.m. every Friday. Required for all first-time TA users. Additionally, any personnel who have not pursued their education in the last year are now required by AFI 36-2649 to have a follow-up counseling. This briefing fulfills the requirement.
- Transition Goals Planning Success (T-GPS) Achieving Higher Education Track – 8:30 a.m. Wednesday & Thursday, September 19 & 20, 2018. This month’s briefing will be held at the A&FRC, 101 Falcon Parkway, Schriever AFB. Separating or retiring from the military and thinking about going back to school? This two-day program guides you through the variety of decisions involved such as choosing a degree program and college institution, funding considerations, and the admissions process. To reserve a seat, call the Education Center at 719-556-4996.
- Be What You Are: In this 90-minute session we explore personality type and how it relates to career choice and career satisfaction. During this session we will take a short personality assessment, explore the results, and investigate resources which will help you discover career fields based on your assessment results. From 9-10:30 a.m. September 19. To sign up, call 719-556-4996 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.