EDUCATION, TESTING AND TRAINING SERVICES (ETS) CENTER OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Walk-ins); 12 – 3:30 p.m. (By appointment only)
Appointments can be scheduled on AFVEC under ‘Counseling Appointments.’
*Closed for training from 12 – 4 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month.
We are closed on all family days and federal holidays.
The Education and Testing Services (ETS) Center is here to meet the education and vocation needs of active duty personnel, their adult family members, and DoD civilians. For more information, call 719-556-4996 or email: [email protected]. View your Air Force Education record at https://afvec.us.af.mil/afvec/Home.aspx (Copy and paste the link into your Web browser.)
- College and Career Counseling
- Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military (USAF/USSF)
- CCAF and AF COOL Counseling
- Testing Services
- GI Bill Benefit Information
- Commissioning Program Guidance
- DoD Transition Assistance Program Education Track
- DoD SkillBridge Program
Career Path DECIDE
The Department of Defense (DoD) is launching a career pathway and education advisement tool.
Career Path DECIDE provides Service members with an online advisement tool to support their career exploration and planning, and aid them in identifying and making informed decisions regarding education and professional development opportunities.
Online test scheduling through your Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) account: You can now schedule your PME, DLPT, DLAB exam online! Test dates can be requested via the AFVEC under the “Scheduled Tests” tab by clicking SCHEDULE TEST. Your AFVEC account can be accessed through the Air Force Portal by clicking AFVEC under the Career & Training tab. If you do not have an AFVEC account, please take a moment to create one so that you can utilize this system in the future for your testing and educational needs. If you have questions or encounter issues in the process of scheduling a test, please call 719-556-4996 or email the Peterson Test Center at [email protected].
The testing schedule is as follows:
Tuesday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 1 p.m.
Wednesday – CDC @ 8 a.m.
Second Friday of the Month – AFOQT
Fourth Friday of the Month – EDPT/TBAS
Testing: Email 21fss.fsde,[email protected] (For AFOQT, EDPT, ECL, TBAS, OPI and other AFSC related exams only.)
CDC exam requests should be sent by your Unit Training Manager to the Base Training Manager.
IAW DAFMAN 36-2664, Military examinees must wear an authorized uniform or uniform of the day. AFOSI agents and DoD Civilians may be tested in civilian clothes. All others must be in uniform.
- Tuition Assistance (TA) Briefing– Offered Tuesday at 2 p.m. and Friday at 9 a.m. Appointment required. Mandatory for all first-time TA users and any personnel who have not pursued their education in the last year as required by DAFI 36-2670. To sign up, RSVP on AFVEC by visiting ‘Education Center Events.’
- DoD SkillBridge Briefing – Separating or retiring from the military and seeking an opportunity to gain valuable career skills? This briefing is designed to assist you in preparing for your transition from military to civilian employment. The briefing is mandatory for all potential SkillBridge participants. SkillBridge briefings are held on the first and second Tuesday of each month. Appointment required. To sign up, RSVP on AFVEC by visiting ‘Education Center Events.’
- DoD Transition Assistance Program Education Track– Separating or retiring from the military and thinking about going back to school? This two-day program guides you through the variety of decisions involved such as choosing a degree program and college institution, funding considerations, and the admissions process. Offered monthly. To reserve a seat, RSVP on AFVEC by visiting ‘Education Center Events.’ NOTE: DoD Civilians and adult dependents may attend by sending an email to [email protected]
- Post-9/11 GI Bill– Learn more the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Topics covered include eligibility criteria for the bill, the transfer to dependents option, payment amounts, comparison to the Montgomery GI Bill, and more. Only offered during DoD TAP Education Track.
- Enlisted Commissioning Information – If you are interested in becoming an AF/SF officer, this a great starting point to gain an overview of the programs for enlisted personnel to commission. Information is provided through one-on-one counseling and by appointment only. Schedule an appointment on AFVEC under ‘Counseling Appointments’.
Military Formal Training: Email: [email protected]
For information about specific Formal Training courses please cut and paste the ETCA URL below into your browser: https://cs2.eis.af.mil/sites/app10-ETCA/SitePages/Home.aspx
Professional Military Education (PME) – Officer and Enlisted Active Duty Enlisted PME: In an effort to give Airmen more flexibility and control over their professional education, HQ AFPC EPME team developed a self-registration process for in-residence EPME courses. Eligible members will receive a targeted message via MyFSS informing them of their requirement to attend NCOA, SNCOA and the CLC. HQ AFPC team will send self-registration notifications.
The self-registration process is conducted in a two phase concept. Self-registration windows will take place twice a year giving eligible Airmen a 6-month window of available class dates to choose from. Scheduling windows will include classes with start dates from October through March, and April through September of each fiscal year.
For more Information please refer to MyFSS Answer ID: 000006755 (Enlisted Professional Military Education) or contact your First Sergeant for more information.
SEJPME Certificate updates: Send a copy of your SEJPME Certificate to the Formal Training Team at [email protected] and they will confirm when it has been updated.
Base Training: Email [email protected]
Base Training Manager (BTM) work with Unit Training Managers (UTM) to manage upgrade, qualification and ancillary training programs.
Civilian Formal Training and Development: Email [email protected]
Civilian Training Manager monitors compliance and data system accuracy of civilian employees’ training, education and professional development.
Visit the virtual Force Development Center on the Air Force Portal for information on Officer, Enlisted and Civilian Development.