The Education and Testing Services (ETS) Center is here to meet the educational and vocational needs of active duty personnel and their adult family members and DoD civilians. For more information, call 719-556-4996. View your Air Force Education record at https://afvec.us.af.mil/afvec/Home.aspx (Copy and paste the link into your Web browser.)
- College and Career Counseling
- Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Military
- CCAF Counseling
- Testing Services
- GI Bill Benefit Information
- Commissioning Program Guidance
- T-GPS Higher Education Course
- Career Skills Program
EDUCATION AND TESTING SERVICES (ETS) CENTER OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Thursday* 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
(*Third Thursday of the month 8 a.m.-12 p.m.)
Friday 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 12-3:30 p.m. (by appointment only)
The Education Center is excited to offer these courses.
For more information and to sign up, call 719-556-4996 or email us at email@example.com.
TGPS – also known as Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success): Accessing Higher Education Course
The Accessing Higher Education track is for those transitioning members pursuing higher education. It assists Service members in identifying the education requirements that support their personal goals. This track focuses on topics such as how to achieve academic success, how to research and compare institutions, and how to finance higher education. After completing the Accessing Higher Education Track, Service members will be prepared to complete an application to an accredited institution, schedule a session with a counselor from an academic institution, or meet individually with education counselors, as needed.
Career Path DECIDE
The Department of Defense (DoD) is launching a career pathway and education advisement tool.
Career Path DECIDE provides Service members with an online advisement tool to support their career exploration and planning, and aid them in identifying and making informed decisions regarding education and professional development opportunities.
Online test scheduling through your AFVEC account: You can now schedule your PME, HAZMAT, DLPT, DLAB exam online! Test dates can be requested via The Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) under the “Online Tests Requests” tab. Your AFVEC account can be accessed through the Air Force Portal under the “Careers and Training” tab. If you do not have an AFVEC account, please take a moment to create one so that you can utilize this system in the future for your testing and educational needs. If you have questions or encounter issues in the process of scheduling a test, please call 719-556-4996 or email the Peterson Test Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The testing schedule is as follows:
Monday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 8:30 a.m.
Monday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Tuesday – DLPT/DLAB/AFCT@ 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Wednesday – CDC @ 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday – FAA @ 1 p.m.
Thursday – PME @ 8:30 a.m.
Thursday – PME @ 1 p.m.
Friday – Special exams scheduled by TCO/TE @ 8:30 a.m.
Testing: Email 21FSS.FSDE.TEST (For FAA, AFOQT, AFCT, ECL and OPI exams only)
AFOQT Testing Schedule: Offered monthly as needed.
FAA TESTING at the PETERSON EDUCATION CENTER
Our Education Center is fully certified as a FAA testing site. Testing, however, is now limited to the following exams:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Airframe (AMA,)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician General (AMG),
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Powerplant (AMP),
- Military Competency Instructor (MCI),
- Private Pilot Airplane (PAR),
- Instrument Rating Airplane (IRA).
Testing is offered every Wednesday at 1 p.m. If you are interested in testing, send your request to email@example.com.
- Initial Tuition Assistance (TA) Briefing – 2 p.m. every Tuesday. No appointment required. Mandatory for all first-time TA users. Additionally, any personnel who have not pursued their education in the last year are now required by AFI 36-2649 to have a follow-up counseling. This briefing fulfills the requirement.
- Transition Goals Planning Success (T-GPS) Achieving Higher Education Course – Separating or retiring from the military and thinking about going back to school? This two-day program guides you through the variety of decisions involved such as choosing a degree program and college institution, funding considerations, and the admissions process. Offered monthly. To reserve a seat, call ETS at 719-556-4996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill Briefings – Learn more abut the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Topics covered include eligibility criteria for the bill, the transfer to dependents option, payment amounts, comparison to the Montgomery GI Bill, and more. Offered during T-GPS HE course. To attend, contact ETS at email@example.com.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.