The Aquatic Center will again be teaching American Red Cross classes, which require pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment. Some courses require the participant to pass a pre-test in order to register.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Course: Lifeguarding CPR/AEC Class
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued a Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid/Blood-BOrne Pathogens, CPR/AED certificate, which is valid for two years.
- Class Dates: Monday – Thursday, March 26 – 29, 2018 (Four days)
- Participants: Must be age 15 or older and must present an ID when registering.
- Participants need to pass the ARC lifeguard pre-test – a 300-meter swim, a two minute tread and a timed brick drop – to be eligible to attend the class.
- Pre-Test Date: Call the Aquatic Center at 719-556-4608 to arrange your pre-test.
- Cost: $175/person. Payment will be made in full by March 19, 2018, after passing the pre-test.
For information about future classes, please call 719-556-4608.
American Junior Lifeguarding Class
Sign up your kids (ages 11-14) for this fun class that will prepare them to take the Red Cross Lifeguard Class when they turn 15.
Participants: For ages 11 to 14.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Challenge
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Review
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Basic Water Rescue
- Lifeguard Management
- Administering Emergency Oxygen
- Personal Water Safety
- Professional CPR
- Professional CPR Challenge
Tell us: What are we doing well and what do we need to improve? Click here to connect to ICE – and be sure to include your comments. More than anything else, your written comments help us understand what really matters to you. Thank you for caring.