PETERSON MASTERS SWIM
Adult Swim Club – Coaching on strokes, drills, workouts.
- For those trying to improve their basic swimming skills and overall fitness.
- But also for those individuals training for upcoming competitions, such as triathlons.
- Competition optional for all skill levels.
- Open to ages 18+ regardless of skill level.
Practice times are:
4:45 -6 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays,
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- $25/month – with U.S. Masters Membership card.
LAP SWIM FOR FITNESS
Here are the Aquatic Center’s Lap Swim times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays – 6 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays – 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (Limited Lap Swim from 4-6 p.m. due to Open Swim)
- Saturdays – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (no Fitness of any kind after 12 p.m.)
SHALLOW END FITNESS
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays – 6 – 10 a.m.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturdays – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (no Fitness of any kind after 12 p.m.)
Aquatic Center, Bldg. 404 – 719-556-4608
SWIM THE DISTANCE, a Fitness Challenge
Swim the Distance is a popular annual fitness program featuring a different distance challenge each quarter.
Track your distance. (All swimming must be done at Peterson’s Aquatic Center, unless on TDY orders.)
Each Swim the Distance challenge:
- Participants will receive a T-shirt for each Swim the Distance challenge they complete.
- Plus, the top three participants will receive a medal.
- First place winners of each challenge will have their names placed on the facililty placque.
Cost to participate is $30 per person per challenge.
Fill out the registration form at the Aquatic Center, Bldg. 404 on Ent Ave., 719-556-4608.
Distance: 21 miles
Swim dates: Mon., Jan. 10 – Thurs., March 31
Registration opens: Mon., Jan. 3
Distance: 26 miles
Swim dates: Mon., April 4 – Thurs., June 30
Registration opens: Mon., March 28
SAN PEDRO CHANNEL
Distance: 20 miles
Swim dates: Tues., July 5 – Fri., Sept. 30
Registration opens: Mon., June 27
STRAIT OF HORMUZ
Distance: 21 miles
Swim dates: Mon., Oct. 3 – Mon., Dec. 26
Registration opens: Mon., Sept. 26