The Aquatic Center’s Grand Opening Celebration, A SUMMER SPLASH, was held Fri., July 15. An estimated 350 attendees attended the party.
The all day celebration featured:
(Inflatables outside from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; lunch served outside on the patio from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- 5:30-9:30 a.m. – Normal operation and Lap Swim,
- 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Open swim with obstacle course & basketball games,
- 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Lunch served on patio,
- 1:30-1:45 p.m. – Ribbon cutting & remarks from Col Schiess,
- 2 p.m. – Stand-Up Paddleboard Races & Singles Table Tennis Tournament,
- 3-3:30 p.m. – Aqua Climb Race,
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. – Raft Water Polo,
- 4:30-5:45 p.m. – Open Swim with Obstacle Course.
Admission was FREE all day!
Special thanks go to Overseas Service Corporation (OSC), who donated $100 in Commissary Gift Cards in support of the Summer Splash event. OSC is one of many industry partners with the Defense Commissary Agency.
Equine Therapy Gift Certificates for EFMP Children
Peterson’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) attended the Summer Splash to present gift certificates to EFMP families for equine therapy. The certificates, for the EFMP child only, were available on a first come, first served basis. For questions about this special offer, call the EFMP coordinator at (719) 556-6141.
Aquatic Center, Bldg. 404, on Ent Ave., (719) 556-4608.