Ah, yes! Food trucks. Food carts. Meals on wheels.
The juicy part for us is that a variety of food trucks came out to The Club courtyard: Kona Ice, Rocky Mountain BBQ, SuppenBar and Heavenly Dessert.
From 3:21 – 7:30 p.m., an estimated 450 + patrons strolled from one truck to another, sampling various appetizers, entrees, desserts and beverages. Red Leg Brewing Company and Oskar Blues Brewery poured some serious beer.
It’s no wonder that vendors sold out early. The reviews were 5-star as customers went back for seconds and thirds. The trendy event offered a welcome break to the work week for Airmen and their families. They enjoyed a nice summer evening with great food, good suds, and live entertainment provided by the nine-piece band, “Vehicle.”
Here’s what people are saying about the food trucks that came out to The Club on Fri., July 31.
Rocky Mountain BBQ –
- “GREAT Brisket and Pulled Pork!! I recommend having them with the homemade Peach Habanero Sauce, it is PHENOMENAL!! Also recommend the pulled-pork quesadilla. It’s massive and well worth the $$.”
- “They serve the best beef brisket I have ever tasted, and I’m a Texas native! Their pulled pork is fantastic too! Great food, friendly owners.”
- I stopped by to check out the new Iron Bird Brewing and the Suppen Bar food truck happened to be out front. Talk about delicious, authentic German food!! I ordered the Goulash which is amazing. Huge dumplings with veggies and steak and the most flavorful broth. The bartender I talked to earlier had the BierRock and said he loved it. (BierRock – their sandwich made of beef, cheese, cabbage.)
Heavenly Desserts –
- “Holy Cheesecake, Batman.. This place is awesome. Last time I was at Curbside Cuisine, I got a carrot cake cookie from them. Two deliciously moist cakes hugging a creamy frosting center. It was amazing. So, completely unsurprisingly their caramel sea-salt brownie and velvet cheesecake were also fabulous when we went for lunch today.”
- “I tried their sampler platter the other day and loved the caramel and salt brownie.”
Kona Ice –
- Purple, blue, red, and rainbow-stained tongues of all ages!
For details about a membership at The Club, call (719) 556-4181.
WE APPRECIATE OUR EXCELLENT SPONSORS:
Allied American University
Find out how your business can sponsor a table at our next 21FSS MWR event. Call (719) 556-4977.
(No federal endorsement of sponsors intended.)