Club Membership Scholarship Program
2013 ANNUAL AIR FORCE CLUB MEMBERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
With purse strings pulled a bit tighter these days, the Air Force Annual Club Membership Scholarship Program is a welcome benefit to club members and their families. The program runs May 1 to July 1, 2013.
This year, the top 25 entries will receive$1,000 and a Dell high-performance laptop computer. Funds will be electronically transferred to winners (no checks mailed) and laptops will be shipped to winners.
Current Air Force Club members in good standing and their family members ID cardholder (spouse, son, daughter, stepson and stepdaughter) who have been accepted by or are enrolled in an accredited college or university for entry into the fall of 2013 term as a part-time or full-time student are eligible. Not eligible to participate are: FSS Commanders/Civilian Directors, deputy commanders, division chiefs, flight chiefs, club managers, assistant club manager, marketing directors, staffs of MAJCOMs, HQAF/A1S and AFPC/SV family members.
Write an essay of 500 or fewer words on the topic: ”Who or What Inspires You to Be Successful? Why?”
Essays must not exceed 500 words, excluding the title. Essays must also be:
- Type in MS Word, 12-point Times New Roman font,
- Single-spaced, with double spaces between paragraphs,
- One-inch margins on top and bottom and 1.25-inch margins left and right sides, and
- Submitted on CD no later than July 1, 2013 to the Club manager, Bldg. 1013, (719) 556-4181.
Only one essay per eligible person will be accepted.
PACKAGE MUST CONTAIN:
- CD containing essay with applicant’s name, date and word count (Don’t put Social Security Number on CD or essay.).
- Entry form (available at www.afclubs.net), The Club at Peterson AFB and by clicking here. Make sure all information with asterisk (*) is provided.
- Current college/university acceptance letter for new students or official transcripts for students already enrolled. Enrollment status may be undergraduate or graduate curriculum.
Submit your package to the 21 FSS Club manager, Bldg. 1013, (719) 556-4181, by Monday, July 1, 2013. Final scholarship awards will be announced Tuesday, September 17, 2013. Complete information and entry forms are available now at www.afclubs.net, or at The Club, (719) 556-4181.