Personal Financial Readiness
Provides information, education, and personal financial counseling to help individuals and their families maintain financial stability and reach financial goals. Seminars, classes and individualized guidance are offered in the areas of budgeting, credit and debt management, home buying, car buying, saving, investing, consumer protection, and general money management.
Subject-matter experts work closely with Peterson AFB leadership to provide proactive classes and individual counseling in areas of specific need.
For more information about these programs, call (719) 556-6141.
Have A Financial Question?
Do you have a financial question you wish someone could answer for you? Your Airman & Family Readiness Center at Peterson AFB can help. One-on-one financial counseling is available to all military members at Peterson AFB. Classes covering areas of finance are held on a monthly basis. Click here for the current calendar of classes. For more information, please call 556-6141.
Don’t have time to come? Email us your financial questions. We will research and respond to your questions within three business days. Most questions are answered within 24 hours. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may call us at (719) 556-6141 (DSN 834-6141).
NOTE: If you have an inquiry regarding your military pay, please contact Finance Customer Service at (719) 556-4770 or email them at email@example.com. If you have an inquiry regarding your civilian pay, please contact the Civilian Pay Help Desk at (719) 556-4765 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Financial Readiness Classes Offered at Peterson AFB
Provides education, information and counseling to DoD personnel and their families on a wide range of personal finance topics.
Classes are offered on a regular basis. For details, call (719) 556-6141.
- Bundles for Babies – Addresses budgeting for baby, investing for the future, calming the baby, and shaken baby syndrome. Open to all ranks and services, but only active duty Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps families may receive an Air Force Aid Society bundle valued at more than $75. Held quarterly.
- Car Buying – Learn how to get the best deal on a new or used car purchase. Offered to on-on-one or to group class.
- Estate Planning – A will may not be enough to protect your family. Discover why an estate plan can benefit anyone with valuable assets. A must for single parents, mil-to-mil and parents of children with special needs. Held quarterly.
- Financial Planning – You must bring a copy of your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) and a list of all monthly expenses.
- First Term Airman Center (FTAC) – Mandatory for all first duty station Airmen E4 and below. Topics include checkbook management, budgeting, saving and investing, debt and credit management, and local area consumer issues.
- Home Buying – Find out about real estate financing options, items to consider, the normal process before buying, considerations on choosing a home and much more.
- Investing Today – Discussion of investing terms such as risk tolerance, trade, stock brokering and more. This class highlights why you use different products to meet life goals. There is a heavy emphasis on retirement planning to include information on the civilian and military Thrift Savings Plans. Open to all.
- Small Business Seminar – Learn steps essential to establishing a small business, especially regarding taxes. Conducted by SCORE. A $15 fee for materials may be collected.
- Thrift Savings Plan – Get information on the investing options, retirement plan, and process to get started. Offered as a class or one-on-one.